Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, why have you all heard of the 2007 ZZR 600? The bike looks great in my opinion and has a more aggressive look instead of the crappy beginner look.

It just under 600cc (599 actually) and could be a great beginner bike for someone like myself :wink: what do you all think?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Essentially the same as a 00-02 Ninja ZX6R. 95 horses, 44 lbs torque, 445 lbs. Not your typical beginner bike was Kawi's supersport entry back in the day.

That said it's looks aren't dated and it is a much better street bike than the current crop of ZX6R/CBRRR/GSXR600's ...If your confident in your 2 wheel abilities go for it. If it is your first 2 wheeler ever look at something like the SV650 or Ninja 650...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I'm not going the SV route. Not being Ego about it, it just that I've heard many people loose money when going from bike to bike to bike to bike. When all they had to do from start is start on a used/older 600R bike.

I've heard most people say the ZZR is not a bad starter bike. Also I want something that I will enjoy for the long haul......and I'm telling you the SV isn't going to cut it for me. I'll probably get bored with it, like others have been doing when they get rid of it after a year or two.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Darc why don't you listen, I'm telling you get a 10R then get a 25T front sprocket and do 5/1 throttle mod (not 1/5) your bike will go like a 250 but stop like a 1000 and you won't have to sell and buy again :wink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and then when I'm ready for the real deal I could put the orginal sprocket and throttle body back on right? I don't know, how much does a modification does that cost?

·
Registered
754 Posts
The ZZR is a great bike - I've ridden one at Americade several times and had a blast on it. Check under the hood again - I think the late model ZZR has the 636 motor in it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hanzo is suggesting that I do this sprocket and throttle body conversion to a zx-10r to run like a 250CC bike for me to learn.

Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
DarcshadowZ said:
Hanzo is suggesting that I do this sprocket and throttle body conversion to a zx-10r to run like a 250CC bike for me to learn.

Is there any truth to this?
That was a joke. However in theory it would work but i don't know how it would work in practice :dontknow: At the end of the day all you are doing is moving the power n torque curve to the right instead of to the left (smaller sprocket), which means the bike won't pull as hard from lower revs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, thats the biggest downgrade of the ZZR 600, is it really worth the 7 grand. Your right, I used 6R would be a lot better.

I like that Hyosung though, not a bad looking bike.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
DarcshadowZ said:
Yeah, thats the biggest downgrade of the ZZR 600, is it really worth the 7 grand. Your right, I used 6R would be a lot better.

I like that Hyosung though, not a bad looking bike.
They have Hyosung in states :eyecrazy: I mean we have them here in Turkey and some guys who can't afford the real deal buy these kind of bikes, but in a wealth country like U.S. who'd buy that junk. On the other hand, not a bad idea darc, you can buy it trash and crash it and not even care about it and once you gain experience move on to a bigger bike.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem with the Hyosung bike is that, a whole lot of bike dealerships don't handle them......Once you sway away from the big 4 (Kawasaki, suckie suki, dummi Yami, and Honduh) your on your own................Unless I feel like traveling to get it worked on or start getting machinacally inclined.

Maybe a used 636 would be the best route? like an 03-04

·
Registered
364 Posts
You guys are talkin' in circles...First off the ZZR is a 2nd hand ZX6R...From 2000-2002. It is not really a beginners bike any more than a used 03-04 or 05-06 ZX6R is.

Yes you can learn on a 600, I did. I then rode 600's for 4 years, street and track, before I bought an SV650 and really learned how to ride. Let me explain, I learned on the 600 (YZF600R, a great middle weight street bike)how to use the clutch and throttle, look both ways, brake and corner. But only when I got my SV and tried to ride it at the outer limits on a race track did I learn how to "ride" a bike.

OK so you say Absolutely no SV! Fine. There are plenty other bikes to get that won't let you rely on 100 hp and a huge 180 rear tire. Maybe you just want to learn to ride and not "ride"? That's fine too the ZZR can be your ticket. I can honestly say that you can ride an SV/GS500/EX500 and not get bored or tired of them. You will only feel the need to upgrade if you have to have the credibilty thing. Don't measure your manhood by the size of your crotch rocket....

If you must get an F4i, ZZR, YZF600R, Katana whatever, but do not go out and buy an R6s, ZX6R, GSXR and think you can "ride" it without lots of experience. Just 'cause the bike has greater performance doesn't mean yuo can access it safely...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Sidenote, of all the "good" 2nd tier 600's out there, the ZZR, the R6s, and the F4i. The ZZR is the ONLY one not fuel injected. Just thought I'd toss that out there, as that is something that would effect my decision. That, and the fact that the ZZR doesn't have the good suspension it had when it was the ZX-6R, it has cheaper bits, where the other two bikes are clones of what they used to be. Yet the ZZR is the cheapest pricewise too though. But as much as you seem to hate it, if you're worried about price, the SV650s is a great bike. I regularly ride with a dude that has one and he keeps up fine and is really learning how to ride as a result. Other upshot is, he's been down twice and you can barely tell due to lack of bodywork :ayyy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts