Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished a new short exhaust and muffler 2 1/2 free flow on my bike. My old system had two reduction diameter bent in the center section and my yoshimura had 2 1/2 in and 2 out. That create restriction and i lost power. You can see in my video 11psi. I don't run with the new short exhaust, because i don't have finish all uprade projects on my bike. Coming soon.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
very...very nice!!!.....you have skills my friend!!........rep sent!!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
thats insane craftsmanship! those welds....the are beautiful. kudos dude, rep sent!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice!!! Is that the stock muffler shortened?
Yes, it's stock muffler ZX6R 99. Only the canister cylinder. I cut the canister for reduce the diameter (5.5 to 4 inches) and short the canister about 12 inches. I built all muffler parts (2 1/2 in and out). I keep the stock label for the police :lol:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
post pics/video of it all put back together and running

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
post pics/video of it all put back together and running
Yes, i will make another video when my bike will run. But, i need 6 weeks again for finish all my winter upgrade project. I have a lot of work again....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hose from Clutch cover isnt laying on that muffler is it? Very nice work.....:eek:ccasion1
I will fix and protect the hose with heat guard sleeve or put a stainless braided hose.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, Very nice looking. Close attention to fit and finish too. Good job :thumbsup:
Thanks everybody,

Yes, it's very, very close. When i build a parts. I take the time for the parts look good. I'm meticulous :wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice welds but why not run an open pipe? The turbo will cut the sound a bit and keep it sane. Or are you going for the "sleeper" look?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice welds but why not run an open pipe? The turbo will cut the sound a bit and keep it sane. Or are you going for the "sleeper" look?
I want sleeper look. I love to see the reaction of the driver guys when i pass the busa and gsxr 1000 on the rear wheel. :lol:

I don't know if you saw my video with 11psi. I ran without muffler and yes the turbo cut the sound about 30%. But the real reason, i run with muffler, i found it's too loud for me and where i live the police is very strick.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts