Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that zx7rr's fetch so little money compared to other models that were homogation like owo1,rc3o's,gsxr750rk....why is that?
Overseas it seems like these models all fetch quite high prices compared to here in the states,maybe with the new AMA vintage superbike coming out this may creep up the prices?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
it probably has something to do with status symbols and vanity in the states.

"DUDE I GOT THE NEW ZX10R." will get more oooos and aaaahs

as opposed to "DUDE I GOT THIS 99 ZX7RR"

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
I think it has to do more with the fact that those were special built bikes, whereas the 7RR was a standard 7R with a few upgrades. Cosmetically they look very close to a regular 7R and unless you know anything about them, you can't really tell the difference between the models. Show someone an RC30 or an OW01 and they can tell it's more "exotic" looking and doesn't look like anything else. I think that fact that those bikes are more unique than your standard run-of-the-mill ZX-7R with a solo tail section is what drives up the cost.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The zx7rs were heavy and got dinged for that in review after review. I mean 450 lbs dry weight is a bit heavy. The rr was lighter and had some nice features, namely the aluminum tank. Back when these were in production, the rr did better. Now that they're all on the used market, the rr really doesn't do much better than the r because people don't really want either. I would have kept my 7r for nostalgia, but not as a bike I would jump on to go hit the twisties when the 10r is sitting right next to it.

They also had that transmission issue with 2nd gear. Smooth as silk from 2nd up, but 1st to 2nd problems made street value lower.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I tried to purchase a left over 97RR. There were 500 made for 96&97 I've seen 3 forsale my whole life: #'s 125, 299, 500. 500 was owned by Mr. Rob Muzzy and sold on Ebay for $9K last year. #125 was on Ebay also but real shitty condition and still fetched $5k.

Now for #299, it was a Southwest Superbikes in Dallas Texas around 2000 or so it had been "Squidified" so I passed on that one.

But one day I will own one, yes one day.......I still search the web every day for one all I find are pics

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
people here want the latest and greatest...my 94 7R is a great track bike...very stable with just the right amount of power to still take most of the modern stock 600's.....it may not be as sexy but i love it all the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have one of each series,and a couple of zx7 former superbikes...I like them...and the end off the day i perfer to ride a bike off 1/500 than a bike off 1/25,000 even if it still doesn't have the legs as it use too ..Pete
JUst brought another 91 off craigslist to restore when I get a chance

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe not the 96 but I know off a 1991 that needs tlc...it has full ti system, ohlins,pm wheels etc...1991 is really the sort after bike as it came with the most 'RR' Mods ...should be cheap

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
WOW brings back some good times when I had my ole 97 7R really wanted a 7RR but never found one back then LOL, the easiest way for someone to tell the two apart was where the swing arm monnts to the frame on the 7R was a cricle and on the 7RR it was square I remember a guy trying to sell one as a RR but I told him it was not one LOL tried to add the solo tail to make it look like one LOL, my old 7R was a damn good bike i had it piped (muzzy) and jetted and I would always race my buddy on his 97 9R and he would only beat me by maybe a half bike, but those damn things are like a damn tank with all that weight LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts