Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this? I just got word that I can pick up my 7r that was stolen and stripped at the impound yard. From what I was told everthing is in boxes and labeled, should i try to restore it and get a new frame or just ebay everything?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I don't know what I would do, I love the 7R but as you know the bike will never be the same.....Good Luck With That.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have a 96zx7rr and it is my favorite bike something about those 48mm carbs floats my boat.

I say do it you can find most stuff pretty cheap. Also you can get quality aftermarket stuff cheap because companies want to get rid of 10 year old stuff.

I bought some new Marchensini wheels for $750 for the set. These wheels are normally $1800

Cheers,

·
Registered
451 Posts
Alternatively you could treat it as an opportunity to do something a bit special with it.

Put it on a severe weight loss diet by replacing things like all of the brackets & fairing mounts. I know there are a couple of kg there.

Fit a zx-9r motor (the b1-b3 zx-9r fit - all you need are mounting plates for the top engine bolt). Or if you want to stick to the 7 motor fit flat side carbs from the rr. Build a new airbox to enclose the carbs (whether you use flat sides or not). Ditch the crap clean air system.

Find a zx-7rr tail convert it to a light weight single seater.

That sort of thing. Though obviously it would mean the bike would be off the road for a long time. Be a hell of a project though. Its something I have been toying with but as I don't have a 7 any more I would have to get one then strip it.

Edit: If you need a new frame take the time to find an RR version. They are 6kg lighter as they haven't been pumped full of sound deadening foam, have an adjustable swing arm pivot and adjustable stearing head.

·
Registered
920 Posts
too bad your so far away. I'd sell you mine cheap. It's been sitting in the garage for a couple of years so it's not running, but besides that it is absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
451 Posts
kaw808 said:
too bad your so far away. I'd sell you mine cheap. It's been sitting in the garage for a couple of years so it's not running, but besides that it is absolutely perfect!
Believe me if I was closer I would be tempted. The zx-7r was my first ever new road bike - I went from an '81 1100 Katana to the 7. I bought a brand new 2001 model. I nearly cried when I had to sell it..... Then the very next thing I bought when I got the UK was another one... Again nearly cried when I had to sell that one.... Bloody relocating to the other side of the world!!! Twice!!!

Worst thing is I sold that last one in march of 05... And I STILL don't have a bike..... AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH. This board is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sell everything on e-bay except for the motor and build an insane go-kart. If it was me I'd probably end up selling it.. after that kind of ordeal, I would of lost the love

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
zixxer said:
What do you guys think of this? I just got word that I can pick up my 7r that was stolen and stripped at the impound yard. From what I was told everthing is in boxes and labeled, should i try to restore it and get a new frame or just ebay everything?
In boxes. That is tough to bear. Goes down to what you want in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts