Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to get a 05 or 06 zx6r but i want to bore it out to 800cc has anyone here bored one out to that degree before?

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
i'm no expert but i'd assume it has been done and can be done simply because the gsxr 600 and 750 are the same engine. I have seen the gsxr done to a 850.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Garth would probably know, but im gonna say yes, based on the idea that there are clearances in the stock motor that can be expanded but at the cost of reliability.

why not just use a 10r? it will be more reliable and less headache.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Garth would probably know, but im gonna say yes, based on the idea that there are clearances in the stock motor that can be expanded but at the cost of reliability.

why not just use a 10r? it will be more reliable and less headache.
agreed. I was gonna do the same thing with a gsxr 750 and ended up crashing it. But to be fair he probably just wants something unique.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
yea that would be unique,

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't think there's enough cylinder wall to just bore it. But, if you combined it with a stroker crank you could probably acheive it. I don't think it would be very reliable though. When they do big strokers in dragbikes a lot of times they aren't ran on the street and tore down at the end of the season.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
You have would have to stroke it to get those ccs. I remember when I was active on gixxer there was a guy whose made his 750 into a 8xx cc big bang motor. It sounded amazing. I hope you got deep pockets.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I dont think the cylinder walls are thick enough to achieve 800cc if you take a 600 I bet you could only get 700-725 cc's out of it. Im not a motor guy but thats my opinion

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
im about to get a 05 or 06 zx6r but i want to bore it out to 800cc has anyone here bored one out to that degree before?
I had an 05 636 GREEN loved that bike. Indicated 172 on the speedo. I did the jump wire mod.

My buddy had an 04 GSXR600. He pulled the motor and had a bored out 1000 put on the bike. It never ran smooth. He actually blew the motor trying to run my 636.

If you want a light quick bike find a Gen 1 ZX10 or 05/06 GSXR1000 or GSXR 750.

Or you can ignore my info and go for it with a bored out 636!

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
the KAWASAKI RAPTOR back in the 90's was a bored zx7(750) so i don't think you can get it out of a 6r.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
just so you know, if your going to use a 05/06 636 you are goign to end up with a 674cc motor.
UNLESS you try to stroke it as well.

In this configuration with the proper accompanying mods you should be sitting at 132-136rwhp..have a friend finishing his up right now & i have debated on doing this for the last 2 years, but makling the bike lighter and upgrading the suspension to full ohlins was more of a priority.

Anything you could want to know about this bike feel free to shoot me a PM, have done about everything except bore the motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
something different is truly what i want but i got the money to try it if not then ill just build up my 04 zx10 but thanks for the input.... godspeed

1 - 20 of 34 Posts