Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bs:
I was out of state on the weekend, and struck up a conversation with a guy who was riding an 09 zx6r. The bike was mint like off the showroom floor... nice bike with an aftermarket muffler. The guy knows I have got a 10r, and he says that he is getting a power commander for it, and that will give him 178 hp at the rear wheel and there will not be a bike around that will get near it. It took everything I had not to piss myself laughing. Who do these people think they are bs'ing to

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Ya a guy once tried to tell me his 3rd gen 10R weighed 368 lbs. ready to roll.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Duh man everyone knows that a 6R will actually pick up 178 horse....he forgot to add it to the previous crank total...so he is going to be pushing 300+ no problem. Should be good for 300 miles per hour with stock gearing.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Ya a guy once tried to tell me his 3rd gen 10R weighed 368 lbs. ready to roll.
I still have a friend that swears up and down that his 99' SRAD Gixxer weighs less than my 10R. Even after I show him his specs and mine, he still says that he has the lightest bike of his friends. I just LOL. He is building this SRAD with forced induction on stock internals so he can try to hang with my 10. So it will actually be getting heavier too.

Also, how many gallons do the gixxer tanks hold? Cause if I have to correct him one more time I am going to slap him LOL

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The person that was selling him the Power Commander may have misinformed him... I still have people coming into my shop telling me that they can get 50 horsepower just from "playing with the computer" on their car. Granted, there are cars that can make that kind of gain, but a stock 1987 Corvette just isn't going to do it.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Should be good for 300 miles per hour with stock gearing.
Oh easy, those new 6R's got some serious over rev, who needs pneumatic valves.

On a serious note, show me a N/A 600 without a whole lot of money into it that'll keep up with a litre bike, and I'll show you my three testicles.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a neighbor kid with a special ed R6 that says the same thing. He said he paid extra for it, 14k and I just told him anytime he wants to meet me at the track or drags just let me know. IDK but some peoples kids are just well :shortbus: if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
LOL man them things are rockets we dont know what were talking about with these big 1000cc bikes, come one lets get real one of them 599cc motors can beat the hell out of these big heavy bikes... hell I bet those little 600s will beat anything thats out there esp those tricked out ones and the kids who ride them well I cant say anything but WOW ... they sure got some talent to be able to handle that much power... might as well put them on a GP bike move over Rossi...

I swear there are just so many dumb people out there that will think what ever they are always right and there better than everyone else ... cause they read a few magazines and then think they know it all LOL I just laugh at them LOL

·
Registered
159 Posts
A dude at work talked bad about another kids srad 600 but in a few months he ended up buying it. After he bought it he said it was a Yates edition bored over and would beat any of our literbikes. What ever bike they currently have is better than all bikes even if it sucked a week before and they haven't done any mods. Squids can't shoot em only give em payback at the track!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aww hell, does this mean I have to trade my zx14 for a zx6r so I can keep up with everyone on my next ride?
This will give you a real laugh... After he said about the rwhp he mentioned that just with the pipe he keeps side by side with his mates zx14 in a roll on. This was really good stand up comedy. I doubt he has any mates lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts