Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow folks just got done reading the latest article in motorcyclist about this bike {and the new ten} WOW I am REALLY Impressed! I don’t go off the opinion stuff. But the numbers are stupid ridiculous! The engine is an inline 2 and the starter is directly behind the case and below it is the sub pump. I mean this engine is compact! They added NOTHING to this bike it has to be the narrowest bike know to man! The rear shock is DIRECTLY mounted to the frame to the swing arm {NO DOGBONES!} Oh and the exhaust! Wow directly under the bike {like a buel} it looks like you could balance the bike and just let it go and it would stand there. lol I now understand why it is supposed to be the Sv killer. It is an engine with wheels and yea that’s about it..... Simplicity

·
Registered
189 Posts
Reference

Just for future reference the term inline 2 sounds funny, try parrallel twin. That way most people will know what you are talking about better. I don't care for it's looks too much, I HATE Buells BTW so I may be biased against on that alone. There are lots of new and interesting bikes coming out this year and the one that I am most anxious to see is the new Triumph 675. The pics and spec sheet look incredible. It's dead sexy too. I may be in the market for a new trackbike and the Trumpet is on my short list this year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I actually considering buying one of this. They have it here in shops and its good looking for comute. Im thinking to have my 10 only for track. Few days ago one of my close friend had huge crash and i had enough of this. Saw too many friends died on street and 10 is just beging to drive hard.........
Really nice bike. I only wish that rear would be 180 so i could put my track tires on it......

·
Registered
189 Posts

I only wish that rear would be 180 so i could put my track tires on it.
I run a 180 rear on mine 10 at the track and have nothing but good things to say about it. I know 3 other 10 riders and they all run 180 rears too whan at the track.

·
Registered
271 Posts
sneaky said:
I think he was talking about having a 180 on the new 650r
Yup. Didnt liked 180 on my 10.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
wow!!... guys have been modding the ex500 for years and one of the points i kept hearing is that the motor is an anvil that takes well to high perf applications(never had one, so i cant guarantee the validity of the heresay....)... anyhow, ive had a paralell twin before and it was my favorite bike, i salivated over the ex500 for years....this looks like the evolution of the ex500...fugg, now i want one!!!...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just test ride the er6n today. Can say it got real punch down low and very nice sound. I did only 20 something miles. Suspension is soft compared but it goes round corners well. Gearchanges are ok just the throw seems to be too long.Oh i really liked the sound, punch low down. The handlebars had some strange position, but that can be improved.

Now im btw this bike and z750. The diff in price is 1000eur.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a said:
Just test ride the er6n today. Can say it got real punch down low and very nice sound. I did only 20 something miles. Suspension is soft compared but it goes round corners well. Gearchanges are ok just the throw seems to be too long.Oh i really liked the sound, punch low down. The handlebars had some strange position, but that can be improved.

Now im btw this bike and z750. The diff in price is 1000eur.
650 or 636 for a track bike?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I willl use 10 for track only. Need slower bike for the street.

z750 is smaller brother of z1000. Dunno how you named it in states. Here the zx650r is named er6n for naked model and er6f for fairing model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts