Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that put zx6 brake calipers on their Gen 1 zx10r what brake lines did you use. Because the bango bolt fitting is located at the top of the caliper it looks like the Gen 1 lines might be to long. Right now I have Goodridge stainless lines with the stock calipers. Let me know if you guys used lines from another bike.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For those that put zx6 brake calipers on their Gen 1 zx10r what brake lines did you use. Because the bango bolt fitting is located at the top of the caliper it looks like the Gen 1 lines might be to long. Right now I have Goodridge stainless lines with the stock calipers. Let me know if you guys used lines from another bike.
Those lines will work fine. The location of the 6r banjo bolts are just a bit higher than the stock tokico calipers. Just rotate the line out a bit and your good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was debating on getting a set of Galfer lines for a 2008 ZX6r because I already have the master cylinder from a ZX6r on my Gen 1 ZX10r and the banjo bolts attach to the bottom of the master cylinder not the end as on the stock Gen 1 master cylinder, which makes my lines a little longer right now. I will see how they work with the new calipers after I get them and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts