Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the zx6/14 calipers and got the zx14 brake lines. I have a question that concerns how the lines go from the mc to the calipers. The stock lines on the 10 go down the brake side of the forks and connect to that caliper, then jump over to the clutch side folllowing the lines of the fender. Is this the same for my galfer lines. I tried to find some instruction that came with the lines and they basically told me to have a professional do it. Well I am doing it so I need some help. Also, any other advice when it comes to installing the lines would be appreciated. Have a mityvac on the way so any help there would be great too. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
which galfer lines did you get?

standard galfer stuff is 2 lines coming off the brake master, 1 line to the right caliper, 1 line to the left side caliper, no cross line.

as for anything other than be sure to not put more than 15lbs of torque on any of the banjo bolts, and use new crush washers, you should be fine with the mityvac.
just dont get fluid on anything and dont use brake cleaner on the rotor or pads.

if you need a talk thu it, PM your number and i will give you a talk thru.

05 zx6r-upgraded Nissin calipers, Galfer superbike lines, galfer wave rotors, Galfer HH pads, brembo 19x18 master, titanium mounting hardware and rizoma reservoir.
05 zx10r-Goodridge superbike lines, braking rotors, brembo 19x18 master with lightech remote adjuster,brembo hp calipers, titanium mounting hardware and rizoma reservoir.

and we wont hit the Rc51 0or 1098 but i know how to install the stuff.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I have the zx6/14 calipers and got the zx14 brake lines. I have a question that concerns how the lines go from the mc to the calipers. The stock lines on the 10 go down the brake side of the forks and connect to that caliper, then jump over to the clutch side folllowing the lines of the fender. Is this the same for my galfer lines. I tried to find some instruction that came with the lines and they basically told me to have a professional do it. Well I am doing it so I need some help. Also, any other advice when it comes to installing the lines would be appreciated. Have a mityvac on the way so any help there would be great too. Thanks.
My suggestion to anyone installing ss-line kits is do a dry fitment semi loose of them first so as not to mar the crush washers, if your not satisfied with the routing change it till your satisfied and then begin the permanent routing/fitment.

BD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts