Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not tryen to hate on 14's in any way, but i drug this guy like 3 times on the highway, and he knew how to ride.. zx10 :+2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha with gas this high there aint no way thats happening and i def dont have the money to fly it there... why dont u come out to tx ???

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Moved to this section as it doesn't relate to performance as many zx14 riders can say the same thing.

bloo

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
go to the track. also get the flies out of that 14. you will not post the same thing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
go to the track. also get the flies out of that 14. you will not post the same thing.
Not really true. They will both run 9.40's with average riders in that form due to the weight differences.

Not everyone (or even very many) can ride like Hemibusa on here...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:deadhorse The age old debate, and the 10 and 14 are apples and oranges. All I have to say is that my ass was parked in the saddle of my 14 for 4 hours today, did 275 miles, was freighted with soft luggage, spoiled me with a gas guage, and will hang with the 10's in the twisties. Performance wise, the 10 and 14 are not too different, and THAT is the beauty. performance AND creature comforts. The 14 is also a faaaak of a lot easier to launch.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
318 Posts
:deadhorse The age old debate, and the 10 and 14 are apples and oranges. All I have to say is that my ass was parked in the saddle of my 14 for 4 hours today, did 275 miles, was freighted with soft luggage, spoiled me with a gas guage, and will hang with the 10's in the twisties. Performance wise, the 10 and 14 are not too different, and THAT is the beauty. performance AND creature comforts. The 14 is also a faaaak of a lot easier to launch.:eek:ccasion1
And the 10R is every bit if not more comfortable than that 14 and after having Busa's (that handle as well as 14's) i can tell you that a 10R with equal riders will outperform a 14 in the corners.

That is why the 10 is so noce - most comfortable bike i have ever owned (since 1988) and the best handling...:eek:ccasion1

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
And the 10R is every bit if not more comfortable than that 14 and after having Busa's (that handle as well as 14's) i can tell you that a 10R with equal riders will outperform a 14 in the corners.

That is why the 10 is so noce - most comfortable bike i have ever owned (since 1988) and the best handling...:eek:ccasion1
The 10R is better than the 14 in handling! But the 14 is way more comfortable than the 10r and the busa!! I have owned the 10r and the 14 and I rode an 08 busa for 600 miles! I know.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:iamwithst BUT...comfort is such a personal thing it's hard to argue. For ME the 14 is waaay more comfortable than my 05 10 was..BUT that was me. As for the handling....if the 10 DIDN'T handle better than the 14, an engineer at Kawi would have to be shot. :lol:

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
:iamwithst BUT...comfort is such a personal thing it's hard to argue. For ME the 14 is waaay more comfortable than my 05 10 was..BUT that was me. As for the handling....if the 10 DIDN'T handle better than the 14, an engineer at Kawi would have to be shot. :lol:
:lol: see me myself i love my 10r and never want to get rid of it but, when i do all day rides my lower back gets to hurtin' to the point of me needing some r&r to feel better. i can deal with all the cramps and knees and ankles being stiff but the sore lower back is a concern. is my suspension too stiff?:dontknow: i was thinking of getting a 14 just to cure this...but will it???

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:lol: see me myself i love my 10r and never want to get rid of it but, when i do all day rides my lower back gets to hurtin' to the point of me needing some r&r to feel better. i can deal with all the cramps and knees and ankles being stiff but the sore lower back is a concern. is my suspension too stiff?:dontknow: i was thinking of getting a 14 just to cure this...but will it???
YES!!!. No joke...I rode 300 miles all highway today, got home had lunch....and went out again. If it weren't raining out right now...I might be back out. Right now...not sore at all. For me...night and day from the 10 to the 14.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

i go to the track all the time... and still would say the same.:+2:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Comfort is def. a matter of opinion and perspective....

It is a 3 and a half hour ride (barring any accidental speed limit infractions:badteeth:) from Rancho Cucamonga, CA to Parker, AZ (Lake Havasu). I have done this ride many times on motor cycles, stoping only to fuel up and drink water, on three bikes. A 2000 Zx9R a '07 Zx10r and a Honda Gold-Wing... In ranking the comfort between those thee bikes for that 225 mile ride, I would have to say the 10R takes the cake with the 9R in a close second...As for the Gold Wing...I will never do it again (I barrowed it from the father-n-Law:helmet:) Of course none of this matters, but it goes to show..."To Each, His Own..."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts