Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor, tried to search couldn't find anything, that a zx-14 shock or spring would work on my 10 and be set up for heavier riders.

I am 300+ lbs without gear and wanted to do some setup without the big bucks. Strictly street no track.

If anyone knows what i am talking about or knows the link let me know.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Even if it works it still wouldnt be the right spring rate for you. Ive got a 14 and a 10, I believe the bikes are set up for riders under 200 lbs from factory.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Even if it works it still wouldnt be the right spring rate for you. Ive got a 14 and a 10, I believe the bikes are set up for riders under 200 lbs from factory.
True but the 14 is a much heavier bike from the factory, as the suspension is designed to hold up the weight of the bike as well as the rider, I am sure it has a heavier sprung and valved shock. How much? Your guess is as good as mine, I would just get a aftermarket spring, for the stock shock. It is unknow if the 14 shock would even work, and if the length is wrong, who knows what it will do to yur gemoetry.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I heard a rumor, tried to search couldn't find anything, that a zx-14 shock or spring would work on my 10 and be set up for heavier riders.

I am 300+ lbs without gear and wanted to do some setup without the big bucks. Strictly street no track.

If anyone knows what i am talking about or knows the link let me know.
I don't know what you mean by big buck, but if you mean ohlins or penske..OK...but having your spring change and your stock shock revalve is much less expensive, probably a third of the cost of a Ohlins .. just check with your local suspension shop

Good luck

·
Registered
395 Posts
How much money you got?? :)

Ohlins would be my bet :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was wondering about the front forks for a bigger guy. I am only 210 but having an issue with the front forks flexing under braking.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what you mean by big buck, but if you mean ohlins or penske..OK...but having your spring change and your stock shock revalve is much less expensive, probably a third of the cost of a Ohlins .. just check with your local suspension shop

Good luck
I think my problem is the "Local Suspension Shop" There is nothing in a 5 hr radius. And even then i have no idea if they are any good. I was just hoping that the rumor was true and it would give a quick, cheap and easy fix to fix some of the sag i am experiencing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts