Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have an 07 zx10 and im not happy with the braking perfomance and was reading that swapping in the nisin zx14 calipers were a realtievely cheap fix to the issue. if i do this swap i will also be doing ss lines...any thoughts or guidance?
thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
Yup, searching will provide the answers you need. It's a popular mod and there's plenty of info for you on this. It's well worth the effort to do the swap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
971 Posts
You don't really need ss lines... The standard lines are sufficient.

Thoughts... Have a good look at the crush washers between the bolts and banjo fittings. Some people re-use them, but they are cheap at Kawi...

I've had the 14 calipers on my 06 and Blade calipers on my 07. Both with standard lines... No issues.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Can u use the same brake pads for zx14 from Orem zx10r. Caliper.. ?.. Also do u need to bleed the brakes right

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
No, the ZX-14/ZX-6/Concours Nissans use different pads than the ZX-10. And if you're swapping calipers, of course you'll have to rebleed the system cause you have to disconnect the lines.

·
Registered
369 Posts
No, the ZX-14/ZX-6/Concours Nissans use different pads than the ZX-10. And if you're swapping calipers, of course you'll have to rebleed the system cause you have to disconnect the lines.

Ok cool thanks I guess I'll just wait to order my ss lines then ..

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I was tempted to try monoblock calipers from R1, but I already have Nissins from ZX-14, and I didn't want to mess with it again (or spend money). However, if anyone is willing to give them a shot, I'd like to see a review. :smile:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I was tempted to try monoblock calipers from R1, but I already have Nissins from ZX-14, and I didn't want to mess with it again (or spend money). However, if anyone is willing to give them a shot, I'd like to see a review. :smile:
Pretty sure that's been done, but far too long ago for me to remember who. I wanna say the person who did it had a green gen 1 but yeah...that memory thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts