Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Pretty much. You use the same lines and such. Make sure that you use the ZX14 pads!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
gotcha, yeah i got the 14 pads, calipers and even the brake lines but after looking at em wasnt sure how they would go on, then i noticed the bolt holding the 2 brake lines together. *lightbulb* so i just wanted to make sure there wasnt any surprises when i go to slap them in.
Hey some SS lines would go great with those calipers.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Get the lines that split at the M/C and not at the caliper like the factory ones where the left piggy backs from the right caliper. Poor design IMO.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
When you buy s/s lines for it,get two seperate lines,one for each calipar ..Thats what he is tryin to tell ya..When you do it,make sure you use fresh dot4 brk fluid and be sure that you use the new copper crush washers and bolts that come with the kit..Now also watch where the old copper washers are placed on the brk line ends..Should be like this....bolt,washer,brk line,washer then mount to calipar..On yer m/c it should be bolt(longest one in kit)washer,brk line,washer 2nd brk line and another washer then mount to yer m/c...
To bleed the system i would just het a cpl lenghts of neoprene hose that will fit over bleed screws and just open them till fluid flows freely..Close them off and now bleed m/c..then bleed brk lines again ...

·
Registered
403 Posts
spend 80 bucks and do the SS lines! you won't regret it. eventually you would be doing it later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts