Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey folks just wanted to chime in and let yall know how its going! Been adding about a grand a week in preformance upgrades to the zx14. this bike is strait SICK!!!! If my mom knew what i was doing im sure she would kick my 31 year old ass!
Progress so far....
speedo healer installed
vortex rearsets installed
macintosh swing arm alimipro installed
Swing arm spools installed
blue EK xring chain installed
blue brake lines SS and clutch SS lines installed
Stiffer clutch springs installed
adjustable kickstand installed
lowered front end not yet however did find sweet spet at inch and 3/4 over trees. thanks bryan b
lowering links fully adjustable installed
TURBO! next week starting
stering dampner installed
safty wire not done yet but 1/2 way there
PC3 installed and yes it will fit under seat.
mud flap removed.
ceramic bearings not installed yet
flies removed
BnC air filter Installed
Umbrella girl found!!!! whoo hoo
Rider kill teather installed

NEEDS!!!!
any sponcers want to jump on all i can say is PLEASE!!!!! :crackup:
JE turbo pistons
clutchs
clutch gaskets {lots of them!!!!}
2nd stage lock up clutch
corillo rods {with the strong bolts}
muzzy air shifter with digi 2 nitro version
turbo boost controller {mr turbo version}
head gaskets not sue what size yet
Uhhh and any other stuff you want to send....no hello kitty helmets....well depending on how much stuff you send i may rock it! :spit:

Just took pics will upload in about 3 or 4 min.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well here's the kicker.. brock {all due respect} super street bike and many others have tried to make it happen and every story ends the same.... "Damn all we needed was {insert part here} " so were building the bike the way we like it and then adding everything everyone else forgot. THEN were going to take every god damn thing we can WITCH INCLUDES THE WHOLE SHOP!!!! all tool boxes 2 cycle gear reps, Im talking im taking an extra umbrella girl! No excuses! this WILL BE THE FIRST zx14 in the 200 mph club!!!! do a search you WONT FIND ONE!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
.......Been adding about a grand a week in preformance upgrades to the zx14.......
GAWD DAMN. What the hell do you do for a living that allows you to dump a frickin grand a week into a bike? That's few bones my man:eek:

BTW-Good luck on the 200mph club:thumbsup:

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Hey when you get new brakes let me know so I can buy your old ones. Bikes looks very nice by the way.

·
Registered
620 Posts
yea, he is putting some money into the bike. I am supposed to be going to maxton with him, but im goin the N/A way(maybe even stock wheelbase). I am about to stretch her, but for maxton im thinkin stock wheelbase. I aint got the money like big money randy, so im goin poor mans way, N/A, lol. Im sure he will blow the 200mph mark away with no problem. I'll be fine with the 200.00 pass, lol. We will see.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see METAL valve stems "installed" on your list.

You will need those, I know because I have been to that POS course called Maxton. Went about 7 years ago. They took us on a sighting lap down the runway in our vehicles. I thought it was a joke since the date was April 1st, and that we were really on the taxi way instead. Not so. That concrete is a POS. Maybe they have improved it some.

The old junk planes off in the distance looked nice, especially when a SWAT team landed on one in e helicopter while training.

Good Luck!

JJ

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i spoke with the east coast timing ass. and they stated there improving the track all the time....?

by metal i assume you mean Stainless steal. the turbo im getting works with the stockers. I will try to upgrade before august so that i can up the boost to roll almost 600hp.

I own a construction company and a minor bike shop. well minor but bikes in and out all the time....

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
yea i spoke with the east coast timing ass. and they stated there improving the track all the time....?

by metal i assume you mean Stainless steal. the turbo im getting works with the stockers. I will try to upgrade before august so that i can up the boost to roll almost 600hp.

I own a construction company and a minor bike shop. well minor but bikes in and out all the time....
This thread is getting confusing. You need metal valve stems in both wheels. Stock rubber ones will not pass tech. I was pointing that out just in case you didn't know. It would be a shame to get there and have to take the wheels off, the tires off, and hunt for metal valve stems. Thats all. Maybe you have made this mod already.

Going 200 + is not as easy as it appears. I took a ZX 11 in 2000 that was making 225HP with Nitrous and went 198.678 after 6 tries. Then spun a shim and had to quit. Those were fairly aero good bikes for their days as well.

Also, it would be easier to go fast there if not only the course wasn't a POS, but the shutdown area is even WORSE!!! The shutdown area really scared me. Concrete was all busted up, sand everywhere and weeds growing up in the middle of it.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! Be Safe,

JJ

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
This thread is getting confusing. You need metal valve stems in both wheels. Stock rubber ones will not pass tech. I was pointing that out just in case you didn't know. It would be a shame to get there and have to take the wheels off, the tires off, and hunt for metal valve stems. Thats all. Maybe you have made this mod already.

Going 200 + is not as easy as it appears. I took a ZX 11 in 2000 that was making 225HP with Nitrous and went 198.678 after 6 tries. Then spun a shim and had to quit. Those were fairly aero good bikes for their days as well.

Also, it would be easier to go fast there if not only the course wasn't a POS, but the shutdown area is even WORSE!!! The shutdown area really scared me. Concrete was all busted up, sand everywhere and weeds growing up in the middle of it.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! Be Safe,

JJ
yea i think randy mis-understood you. Its all cool though

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i got the rules covered...almost..i will by the time its done.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
getting the turbo installed now. btw anyone who lives in tampa..... THE BIG PEDAL IS NOT THE GAS AND GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE AND DRIVE!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts