Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My zx12r idles perfect but as soon as you twist the throtle it starts to run really rich. Was making 175 on the dyno now less then 150. Not sure what the problem is any ideas. Lots of black smoke.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
do you have a power commander, it possibly could be going faulty or have a bad throttle position reading???

any FI lights?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah, I have seen them all of a sudden go bad a few times but for the most part they are good about returns and such.

obviously if you do have a power commander, unhook the power commander and see if the bike feels better and if so then theres your problem, if not we need more info...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it does have a power comander discounected it, does the same thing. Air Cleaner is clean. No FI codes show up. So I guess it could be throtle postion sensor, or ICU or Fuel Pump. What do you all think.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Pull the plugs and look at their condition.

Could be a leaking fuel injector, coil or ignition problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
do you have a power commander, it possibly could be going faulty or have a bad throttle position reading???

any FI lights?
I have a pwr Commander. I think it's jacked up..I want to remove it.. looks complicated man...my zx 12 has a new pump.. I checked the voltage and it drops drastically once I roll in throttle...what could it be

1 - 10 of 10 Posts