Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New zx10rr finally got delivered today after a long wait. Just a couple days too late to prep for the Thai WSBK support race this weekend but plan to start the breakin/race build next week and prepare for the 1st round of Thailand Superbike championship on April 1-2nd.

Will race my 2012 BMW S1000rr this weekend instead but look to get a good comparison of both bikes once I get the zx10rr race ready.

A few pics of earlier today when the bike arrived..

ImageUploadedByMO Free1489070643.591469.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1489070957.930915.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1489070991.201124.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bad ass man. Looking forward to seeing this thing transform. Have u riden the 2016 zx-10r. It would be nice to compare the r to the rr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looking good my man! Keep us up to date of your build! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad ass man. Looking forward to seeing this thing transform. Have u riden the 2016 zx-10r. It would be nice to compare the r to the rr

Yep. I've ridden a friends racebike and another stock bike with just exhaust/flash. Will take it for a 100-150km run on Monday to break the engine in with some Amsoil break in oil. Then hopefully I'll strip it down and install race ECU/harness and some other goodies on Tuesday before 2 days of training/trackday fun with Gino Rea (WSS rider) on 15/16th!!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,680 Posts
wicket

·
Registered
182 Posts

I have the 16 I raced last year and my 17 RR will be here next week, I don't think in stock form there will be much difference, but I have new cams coming .. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After racing all weekend I finally got time yesterday to take the zx10rr for a little spin. Bike comes with thai spec ecu so it's similar to the restricted US spec, I've ridden a zx10 with std ecu but never std exhaust and was surprised at just how restricted it really is compared to a flashed/exhaust bike. Only did 100km and max 10k rpm but I really needed to keep it above 9k rpm for it to even pull in 6th. Wouldn't be racing anyone in a 6th gear roll on with a std spec bike unless u want to be embarrassed..lol.

That being said, I know how good the bike can be with exhaust/flash so I'm not too concerned. Had a little set back with getting an exhaust from one of the Wsbk teams, so now I'm waiting for a Spark system to be shipped next week.

Was a good weekend racing with my BMW, had a bit of a setup break through and dropped my PB by 1.1s and ended up only 5s off Rea's best race 2 laptime and 4s off the best BMW time. First race for the zx10rr at the same track is in May, so let's hope for similar laptimes atleast.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1489459411.064046.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1489459427.102383.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1489459449.871807.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1489459465.213252.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1489459481.524600.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Parts are starting to pile up so hopefully I'll start stripping he bike next week. Couldn't get the exhaust size I wanted from Spark so ordered a full Akrapovic from Biohazardcycles.com.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1489842645.034825.jpg

I2M chrome plus dash
Ktech rear shock
Race Radiator
Sprint P16 air filter
Lightech rearsets
Race ECU & Harness
Clipons

·
Registered
182 Posts
My RR comes in this week, Then I can finally start my build and post up!!! Lots for me to do before my first race next month... Awesome build, I went with KTECH too..I love that new dash you have..DROOOOOOOOL.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My RR comes in this week, Then I can finally start my build and post up!!! Lots for me to do before my first race next month... Awesome build, I went with KTECH too..I love that new dash you have..DROOOOOOOOL.

I use the same dash on the BMW, so was a given to go with the same on the zx10 plus it has a few new features now also.

Put in about 70laps on the zx10rr today. One thing I did notice compared to the zx10r is that the quick shifter seems to have shorter cut times and feels a lot smoother. The rest in stock trim is about the same, suspension is stiff in front and soft in the rear (80kg rider). Backed out all the comp and went to 3 turns on preload made the front feel much better.

I replaced the stock brake pads with some used z04 before I rode the bike, cause we can sell the new pads for $130 here.. half the price of a new set of z04!!! Heard reviews of the brakes having a wooden feeling, but with just z04 brakes pads and everything else stock even ABS I was impressed at how good the stock brakes are even compared to my GP4RX on the BMW.

Now the strip down begins and the next time I ride will be with all the race bits on it..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you taking cylinder head off for gasket change, skimming, porting?

It would be very intresting to see pictures of intake ports and chamber of the RR head.

Will keep engine stock for now but I may change head gasket later in the year. Thailand Kawasaki Team have had the engine apart already and I plan to chat with the mechanics about any differences they've seen in the RR compared to R.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That black color looks the best on that 10R
New zx10rr finally got delivered today after a long wait. Just a couple days too late to prep for the Thai WSBK support race this weekend but plan to start the breakin/race build next week and prepare for the 1st round of Thailand Superbike championship on April 1-2nd.

Will race my 2012 BMW S1000rr this weekend instead but look to get a good comparison of both bikes once I get the zx10rr race ready.

A few pics of earlier today when the bike arrived..

View attachment 393906
View attachment 393914 View attachment 393922

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Are you taking cylinder head off for gasket change, skimming, porting?
It would be very intresting to see pictures of intake ports and chamber of the RR head.
Will keep engine stock for now but I may change head gasket later in the year. Thailand Kawasaki Team have had the engine apart already and I plan to chat with the mechanics about any differences they've seen in the RR compared to R.

Everything is the same as far as combustion chamber and port shape/size. The difference is the cutout to allow for the bigger exhaust cam. Weights of piston/rods might differ but mine weren't out to compare.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts