Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have my zx10r gen5 won’t start won’t crank also all lights in dash is blinking the day before while driving the bike it shuts off I stop trying to start again the bike was miss firing I turn it off than I start it again it starts good n normal after 2 days i had the start problem

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,058 Posts
If it won't crank, the battery is dead. Jumpstart it to see if it will fire up for you. If it does, that proves the battery was dead. Why the battery died is another question. If it is old, it's just time for a new one likely. Otherwise it's the alternator or regulator that is not keeping it charged while running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i try to jumpstart it the bike start . but i also try to but extra battery with jumper harness i try to start direct from 2 wires in relay nothing happen same only clicking from under the seat

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
781 Posts
Be super careful when jump-starting a bike. It's better to just swap a battery, and try and push start it... actually directly jump starting a bike can cook the ecu, fry the rectifier/regulator and or blow fuses and or cook wires. The bike isn't meant to handle mad amperage such that would come from a running car..if your stator/generator (bikes equivalent to an alternator since it outputs 3 phase ac power, ie alternating current ie alternator) is cooked it's a super easy test while it doesn't run using continuity, while it's running checking voltage. If you have all readings good then it is the rectifier/regulator which is the issue in the charging circuit...the r/r rectifies the AC power to DC power and then down regulated it to not overload the system. It dumps extra power via heat to keep shit in check so it can overheat and cook and they do. If you replace one you should replace the other but it isn't a must. Just can help prevent premature failure of the other due to stress from the one. The clicking when trying to start your bike is a weak battery or a cooked starter or the throw out bearing equivalent non the bike is bad and the starter is staying engaged and backfeeding power into the system. Either way it's the battery and it's one of 3 things cooking it unless you have horrible wireing somewhere on the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now i fix my starter issue and still have the problem that i had before the start. I drive the bike for like hour or 2 the bike shuts off by it self while driving and sometimes the bike sounds change like for example only 2 cylinder working i turn of the bike in 2 min I start the bike is totally fine and all lights blinking since then ?

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
781 Posts
You have got to have a short somewhere. That or was it actually your starter that was bad? If it was stuck engaged and was backfeeding power you could have cooked something or nearly cooked something and that's what is causing your issue. If it sounds like it is only running on 2 you should check all connections you even so much as moved. Check stick coils, injector connections and plugs. Sounds like it is intermittent. I'm not sure how to help. A vid of it running poorly and or pics of your dash might help. Usually the bike will throw a code

1 - 6 of 6 Posts