Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question i would like to know where i could find a build sheet or parts of the 2016 zx10r kawi used inn the wsbk. I read whole bunch of articles and Nothing that goes part by part. Interested in following some steps in certain areas. Not looking for settings or tuning just the bolt ons mainly.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think Bobby Fong's motoamerica setup would be an easier setup to almost duplicate. I know it doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative

·
Registered
569 Posts
If I am not mistaken I read a WSBK costs around 250,000 Euro. Also, I doubt teams publish that type of proprietary information for sake of competition. Sorry no help either.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Just a question i would like to know where i could find a build sheet or parts of the 2016 zx10r kawi used inn the wsbk. I read whole bunch of articles and Nothing that goes part by part. Interested in following some steps in certain areas. Not looking for settings or tuning just the bolt ons mainly.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you'll never find it. Most of the bigger teams will produce parts in house to get exactly what they need. Plus all the info stays proprietary to the team.

Case in point - Earlier this year Dave Anthony received a ZX-10r from Kawi. It came from one of the teams with the Showa forks and shock is used in WSBK. The frame and swingarm was modified and they built a one-off triple clamp. It came with NO information and when we inquired with Kawi we got the :dontknow:

Most teams will share a few things, but 80% is kept hush hush.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Most teams will share a few things, but 80% is kept hush hush.
Further, in some cases they just don't friggin know... I don't know if it is Compartmentalization so that any one person doesn't hold all the secrets or if one hand just doesn't know what the other is doing or if maybe they are just snowing me to keep me from knowing, but I have found a huge amount of inaccuracy over the years from Pro teams in how things are built, who they are built by, to what numbers they are built and what settings they actually run. Getting the truth has generally meant being there myself to see it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the help guys. I kind of figured it would have been hush far as tuning internal engine mods and stuff but makes sense. Thanks again I'll look that bike spec up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.