Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody i could really use your help! I have a damaged zx10r 2012 and I can't start the engine ( USA version , no immo ). When I switch on the ignition I cannot hear the fuel pump. Pump checked and is 100% good, relays also. The display shows error 1b and 64 ( it seems to me that they have no effect on starting the engine ) . When the kill switch wires are disconnected, the starter does not turn, when it connects the starter turns the engine, but the fuel pump does not work . I do not have both switches on the steering wheel, so I have to connect the wires directly.

Somebody has ideas on how to run this motor?

https://youtu.be/CAv92Y98haA

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,566 Posts
Wow. there is so much wrong with the process you're doing I don't even know where to start. There's a complete lack of details to help you troubleshoot this.

What is the condition of the bike? What do you have connected? From the short video zoomed into some bare wires and the flashing dash, who knows. Beyond the lazy battery you're using and the fuel level too low, I seriously doubt you have it all connected properly and that's your problem. But it's hard to tell.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,566 Posts
FYI -

Service Code 64 is the air switching valve disconnected
Service Code 1b is the KIBS hydraulic unit comm failure

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
I do not have both switches on the steering wheel, so I have to connect the wires directly.
... "steering wheel"?

What is it that you are attempting to do?

The OEM ignition switch contains antitheft measures to deter hot-wiring (which is in effect what you are attempting to do). These antitheft measures are intentionally not documented in the factory service manual ... and they also shall not be documented here. (Any public posts concerning what these antitheft measures are, WILL be deleted, and I WILL be watching for them.)

Connect the wiring (ALL of it) to the OEM ignition switch, use the OEM ignition switch instead of attempting to hot-wire by jumpering wires together, and then tell us what happens.

Reminder TO ALL: Do NOT explain publicly how to start this person's engine. DO NOT!!!

Reactions: michael4012

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentlemen, I bought this motorcycle damaged because I want to mount the engine in a buggy. Before pulling the motor out of the frame I have to start it to check if it works properly. I have a good ignition switch, RIGHT HANDLE BAR SWITCHES is damaged, that's why I have cut wires and are connected with each other. I don't think buying a handle bar will solve my problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentlemen, I bought this motorcycle damaged because I want to mount the engine in a buggy. Before pulling the motor out of the frame I have to start it to check if it works properly. I have a good ignition switch, RIGHT HANDLE BAR SWITCHES is damaged, that's why I have cut wires and are connected with each other. I don't think buying a handle bar will solve my problem.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,566 Posts

No, the handlebar itself won't resolve any issues, but the wiring harness will. If you don't have all the starter-lockout switches and tip-over sensor hooked up properly or bypassed correctly, then it won't start. And there's not enough information given to direct you where to start looking. What GoFaster was describing would apply to a Euro version with that anti-theft device in the ignition switch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is the clutch lever/perch damaged? Or the shift side rearset/foot peg? It could be the clutch switch/kickstand switch keeping the bike from starting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Or the crackshaft sensor... when this sensor is broken or disconnected, the motor will turn but will never start.

·
The Pace
7,029 Posts
Tip over switch is failing to reset. Hate to say this but I suspect he's storing the bike on its side as in no side stand; or some variation of the above at the salvage operation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome back. Due to health problems I had to close the buggy project for a while. I still have problem starting the engine.

When the ignition is on, the fuel pump cannot be heard, the starter is running, but the engine does not start (no fuel).

I checked the crankshaft sensor (it's ok)
Down Sesnor (it's ok)
Relays and fuel pump (it's ok)
I checked the wiring loom (4 cables were damaged from fuses and have been repaired.)
Sidestand (it's ok)
Clutch switch (it's ok)

Error
64 Air switching valve
1b KIBS Hydraulic .

It looks like a problem with the immobilizer but the motorcycle was from Canada without immo. I have a Dash Display from another motorcycle that had an immobilizer, can this be the reason why the engine does not start?

Does ECu with numbers have immo?

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I searched for some information on the internet and found an interesting topic. Is there a 100ohm resistor in the ignition switch on the gray wire? I have a universal ignition switch (the original Ignition switch was damaged) the gray wire was connected to white and brown without a resistor and the ECU gets a bad signal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I solved the problem. When I added the resistor on the gray wire, the engine started.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I searched for some information on the internet and found an interesting topic. Is there a 100ohm resistor in the ignition switch on the gray wire? I have a universal ignition switch (the original Ignition switch was damaged) the gray wire was connected to white and brown without a resistor and the ECU gets a bad signal?
hey man I just bought a 17zx10r stolen recovery from auction and I’m having similar issues as you, fuel pump won’t prime as I try to hot wire the bike since the ignition switch got destroyed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts