Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy another bike for the the strip I am leaning towards the zx14 because its easier to leave with then the 10r and the 14 has alot of power hidden inside that motor but with the right motor set up and overall bike set up it would be fun to blast that 1000 down the 1/4 and bust the big bikes at the end of the track. What do you guys and ladies think??? And if you have a rebuildable zx10r or 14 let me know

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
if you want a bike primarily for drag and launch then the 14 is the only way to go.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
If you stretch the 1k a little than you can compete...if not you better have some skills to compete with 14s...personally I like riding against bigger bikes because when they go down it's that much more satisfying. :mrgreen:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
If you stretch the 1k a little than you can compete...if not you better have some skills to compete with 14s...personally I like riding against bigger bikes because when they go down it's that much more satisfying. :mrgreen:
i agree with you bluedevil, about taking out the big boys but i gotta disagree about stretching it. yes that helps but imo it takes far more seat time to lauch a liter bike over a 14. novice riders will throw a brocks on and touch low 9s all day and given more experience and tuning, high 8's. lets not mention their 1/8th times.
now put the same seat time on a 10r rider and its likely you wont see low 9s outta them.
you want proof, go to zx14.net and youll rarely see a turbo bike on there. thats because most of them run a full system exhaust and take thier bike into the low 9s with ease.

now if they wanna run me on my turbo 10, i dont do launches, i will own them on a roll on though haha.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i agree with you bluedevil, about taking out the big boys but i gotta disagree about stretching it. yes that helps but imo it takes far more seat time to lauch a liter bike over a 14. novice riders will throw a brocks on and touch low 9s all day and given more experience and tuning, high 8's. lets not mention their 1/8th times.
now put the same seat time on a 10r rider and its likely you wont see low 9s outta them.
you want proof, go to zx14.net and youll rarely see a turbo bike on there. thats because most of them run a full system exhaust and take thier bike into the low 9s with ease.

now if they wanna run me on my turbo 10, i dont do launches, i will own them on a roll on though haha.
I was talking about mostly the Novice less type racers against the same on a 10r.

I seen guys I know that will have problems launching a 10R but on a ZX14 with mods and streached look like they have been drag racing for a loong time, but put them at 54in SWB 10R they wouldn't know what to do.

I had some battles with ZX14s and it always came down to they can launch better but on the back half my mph. was just as fast as them and had many close races.......point being if you streatched a 10R that will help with equal riders as a 10R is so light and has Big time HP plus power to weight ratio to compete if you can keep the power to the ground like the Big boys. :wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
If your going to primarily drag race go with the 14. No doubt the 10 can hold it's own, I'm just saying it'll be easier and you'll consistently go faster with the 14. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
If your going to primarily drag race go with the 14. No doubt the 10 can hold it's own, I'm just saying it'll be easier and you'll consistently go faster with the 14. :thumbsup:
I don't like "easier" :heyyou: I like a challenge :wink: .... but RR is right and that's what I was trying to say those 14s will make you consistent just like RR says with little seat time compared to a Zx10r but they can compete.....:eek:t: how's it going by the way, you think your going to win the ProStar this year?....looks like your second so far but with 1 good weekend can take it? :dontknow:

anyway good luck bro :thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I don't like "easier" :heyyou: I like a challenge :wink: .... but RR is right and that's what I was trying to say those 14s will make you consistent just like RR says with little seat time compared to a Zx10r but they can compete.....:eek:t: how's it going by the way, you think your going to win the ProStar this year?....looks like your second so far but with 1 good weekend can take it? :dontknow:

anyway good luck bro :thumbsup:
:eek:t: Sorry to thread jack:mrgreen:

With the way we struggled all year with motors and such I'm lucky to be there , but hey thats racing. :helmet: Second is gonna be the highest I'll be able to finish this year, not bad considering:wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:eek:t: Sorry to thread jack:mrgreen:

With the way we struggled all year with motors and such I'm lucky to be there , but hey thats racing. :helmet: Second is gonna be the highest I'll be able to finish this year, not bad considering:wink:
ah, didn't know that but your still the Man in my book.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts