Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm drag racing a friend tonight and I'm curious what a stock gsxr 1000 puts to the tire? He has a 40 wet shot of nitrous and a bolt-on and I think it's -1 cs. I have -1 cs, +2 rear sprocket, velocity stacks, bmc street filter, pcIII usb, muzzy ti slip-on, strapped. I know alot of it has to do with rider.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I'm drag racing a friend tonight and I'm curious what a stock gsxr 1000 puts to the tire? He has a 40 wet shot of nitrous and a bolt-on and I think it's -1 cs. I have -1 cs, +2 rear sprocket, velocity stacks, bmc street filter, pcIII usb, muzzy ti slip-on, strapped. I know alot of it has to do with rider.
if he can ride don't do it for $$$........but post the results anyway.

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the 04 gixxers running hp wise?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
That 40 shot is gonna hurt you. Less HP's, longer wheel base, and heavier make it easier to launch, then he sprays the beeeooch......

Good luck! Let us know...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not what I want to hear guys. I know he can't spray in 1st or 2nd gear.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If he sprays I dont think you stand a chance unless he really sucks tell him all motor the 10 doesnt have that much of an advantage over a propperly tunned 01-04 gixxer.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You seem to be geared pretty good for take off I think you will suprise him out of the hole.He might mess up on the juice if you can bust him good out of the hole.He will probably reel you in pretty fast when he sprays it.I believe you might take him thru the 1/8 mile..Just set up a distance to race.He might come around you before the 1/4 mile.Tell him you will run him to like 130 or something.He is probably going to pull hard up top on the juice.Every gixxer I have raced so far has fell on its face when they get into triple digits agianst the 10.But with nos he want fall to easy.Your gearing is going to hurt you up top.What kind of top end you pull with that gearing?155mph is probably busting on the rev limiter.I just got -1 in the front And I lost alot of top end.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Kind of what I am thinking. You might have a chance in an 1/8th mile race. Stay away from roll-ons.....however, if you were to buy this from me, I think you could take him.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
king-tony said:
Kind of what I am thinking. You might have a chance in an 1/8th mile race. Stay away from roll-ons.....however, if you were to buy this from me, I think you could take him.

I don't want that tank pad. I saw how the guys were busting your balls. I don't think you could give that thing away.

I had the speedo up to 173, and it was still pulling hard. Who knows how fast I was actually going.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I don't want that tank pad. I saw how the guys were busting your balls. I don't think you could give that thing away.
They say it is good for 6-10 additional HP. It's kind of like those stickers that the kids put on their Acuras.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Ill take it if somebodys givin it away...

It would also look great on "Killers" pink gsxr!

Poser! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So BD, would that mean I was doing 147? 173 - 15%=147.05 and still pulling hard.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
1killer1liter said:
So BD, would that mean I was doing 147? 173 - 15%=147.05 and still pulling hard.
yea 147-150mph. do you have a speedo correction device??

Oh and how did the race go Fri night??

BD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts