·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Expensive!!!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Fast as hell I bet.

This sort of set up is best suited for drag racing. Honestly, if I had that amount of coin to throw on my 10R, it would be pistons, gasket, cam, port and polish. It won't be as quick as a turbo fortified 10R, but it would be certainly be more manageable on those fast track days.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
A good turbo set up for the 10 would be one with an Aerocharger unit. It wouldn't make anything over 250 hp, but it would make boost from damn near idle. Making it very user friendly.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Gunner said:
A good turbo set up for the 10 would be one with an Aerocharger unit. It wouldn't make anything over 250 hp, but it would make boost from damn near idle. Making it very user friendly.
250 hp user friendly? :eek2:

Chris

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yea man the only problem is Aerocharger went Tits up, But the salvation is another company took over production of those units. They are very nice turbos but a little costly compared to a Garrett. But again there are NO oil feed lines or return lines either. That alone makes them very nice indeed. They can be configured to mount in any position, and best of all they're Variable Vein units. NO they won't give you chest beating braggin rights at the Dyno show down, but just unload one of those trailor queens off that pump and take it for a ride. It just aint going to happen at those huge power levels. 225 or so on a 10 would be a damn hoot!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'll bet he already has a backlog of orders for it. To make the same power the other way would cost twice as much easily and still fall short of the power of that. Yep they'll be standing in line I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Wow that looks pretty good. This is the first time that I have seen this. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Feild trip to Velocity tomorrow to check out the new turbo 10. I may have just found my christmas present from me to me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you want rideability, you might consider a supercharger. They are in the same price range, but deliver their power in a more linear fashion, making it more manageable. By varying the boost, you can get whatever HP you want, up to about 230 HP.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you think about it, for the 4 grand, doin some nice handling mabey ohlins shocks or something...U got the horspower of a MotoGP bike with real nice handling characteristics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts