Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, i am a newbie and i know this tre type question has been asked 100000 times but i cant find the info i need.

Q1 on the 04 zx10r is the gear position N the unrestricted gear ?

Q2 looking at the wiring diagram and ohms readings ( page electrical systems 16-99 )if it is neutral can i not just cut the wire in conector position 2 & 3 and use a jumper wire to earth these thus fooling the ecu int thinking no resistance must mean the bike is in neutral ? ??

Thanks

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hi All, i am a newbie and i know this tre type question has been asked 100000 times but i cant find the info i need.

Q1 on the 04 zx10r is the gear position N the unrestricted gear ?

Q2 looking at the wiring diagram and ohms readings ( page electrical systems 16-99 )if it is neutral can i not just cut the wire in conector position 2 & 3 and use a jumper wire to earth these thus fooling the ecu int thinking no resistance must mean the bike is in neutral ? ??

Thanks
:welcome: Please go introduce yourself in the Newbies section and get to learn the site.

As far as Q1 yes the Neutral Is the gear but I wouldn't call it unrestricted but helps for the on-off throttle response compared to other gears. There is NO performance/HP GAIN :headshake

Q2- The ECU does not look for a Resistance but a Voltage...the Voltage is in the manual the TRE bypasses all gears by doing 4.3v I believe(it's in the manual for exact value).....so to answer cutting wires will not work the ECU provides 5v to the gear selector and expects to see a CERTAIN voltage back based the the resistor values it passes and back....when your in a certain gear there is a voltage drop(resistors) and the ECU knows what gear your in depending on the Voltage. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would seriously just get Ivan's TRE.... took me longer to get to it than Install it
they are $45 shipped online. Increases the OS factor the first few min of riding tho...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts