Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beware, the tac is about 1000rpm off on my bike, 05 zx10. check them on the dyno to be sure. when the digits read 13000, its only at 12000

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
rated zx said:
beware, the tac is about 1000rpm off on my bike, 05 zx10. check them on the dyno to be sure. when the digits read 13000, its only at 12000

I agree..100% Every bike I've ever owned is like that honestly.
MY Busa was off about 700 rpms at redline.

that is how you can explain runnning the bike up to 13,750 indicated before the limiter comes in. What are you shifting at Rated?? (indicated)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I notioced this on my 636 and I saw it on the 10 on the dyno also. I set the shift light at 12,500rpms and shift when I see the light.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sneaky said:
I notioced this on my 636 and I saw it on the 10 on the dyno also. I set the shift light at 12,500rpms and shift when I see the light.
so that means your shifting at about 11,500 actual.. your not even hitting the power peak??? I have the shift light set at 13000 and I shift from 1-2 right away but let it stay on for a split second in the other gears..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
rated zx said:
I actually reported this along time ago Rated when I installed my Analog Tach. I tap right off the coils 1&4 to the meter and get realtime analog samples. When I first went to the track with it I would hit rev. limiter around 12.7k, now I'm change gears 12.5k which is closest to not hitting the Rev. At that RPM It should indicated around the 13.5-13.7k on the Digital.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah man i figured this out about a week ago after a couple of dyno pulls, been short shifting all season running good e.t's still, move shift points and mph went from 118, 119 consistent to 120, 121 consistent, just something to look for guys, check your scooter out

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
rated zx said:
yeah man i figured this out about a week ago after a couple of dyno pulls, been short shifting all season running good e.t's still, move shift points and mph went from 118, 119 consistent to 120, 121 consistent, just something to look for guys, check your scooter out

well the power peak is at about 12,100 actual right??

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
busaforhire said:
well the power peak is at about 12,100 actual right??

according to my dyno sheet, it hit pk at 12.1 with slip-on. Manual states pk HP @ 11.7rpms....and I am sure the Mags came up with that number also maybe a little lower. I'll see if I can find their tests.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
12400 for is ideal for my bike man, remember peak power is one thing, shift points to accomadate gear is another, so let me say it again......12400 is ideal for my bike. do what makes you fast. i tested this, i didn't read it anywhere.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
rated zx said:
12400 for is ideal for my bike man, remember peak power is one thing, shift points to accomadate gear is another, so let me say it again......12400 is ideal for my bike. do what makes you fast. i tested this, i didn't read it anywhere.
Are you saying your shifting at 12400 on the digital gauge, which from you and I just reported as being 1000rpms off? If so that means you will be switching at pk hp as the manual and Mags said anyway:dontknow: I am shifting close to the Rev limitter as I can which is 12.5k on the Analog. As for the other stuff, just reporting where pk hp#s are but that doesn't mean I shift there. I figure with lag time from changing gears at "my indicated redline-analog) I am probably about spot on in the pk hp range anyway. just my .02

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
i could feel the analog props from another thread. :crackup:

BD
:mrgreen: :wink:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope im shifting at 13400 on the digital gauge, which is actually 12400, cause its a 1000rpm off, anyway just thought i'd spread the word, peace

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
rated zx said:
nope im shifting at 13400 on the digital gauge, which is actually 12400, cause its a 1000rpm off, anyway just thought i'd spread the word, peace

shifting at 13,400 on a gauge that graduates in 250 rpm increments??
Hmmm.
I know where your coming from Rated.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
rated zx said:
Thanks for spreadin the word for those newer members that haven't noticed it or just simply didn't know.

BD

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just wanted yall to see mph difference with adjusted shift point. dont look at 60' it sucked cause i was spinning cause track was cold, and i was just testing and tuning, not racing so i didn't care enough to adjust air pressure or heat tire up more.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree that's it's a good reference point on a stock bike just to set the shift light and 13,000 (indicated) and shift there. A good pipe that keeps a flat power curve all the way to the limiter could go even more revs before you shift, but in stock configuration 13,000 is about right. You can see by my stock dyno graph that the there's no use revving the bike those last 500-700 rpms into the red zone.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts