Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Streetfighter kit, $150 plus shipping. Much more comfortable riding position than stock. You will need to trim off the steel wire attached to the ignition switch, which routes the clutch cable. This and the drilling of the top clamp for the handlebar clamps are the only modifications that need to be done to the bike, everything else is bolt-on, plug and play. The stock clutch cable still reaches, but the brake line will need to be replaced with a longer unit. The stock brake line may fit actually, but I haven't tried.

Kit includes;

Hella 'Black Magic' halogen headlight, very bright, no high beam, plugs into stock harness, no splicing needed. Looks black when off. Heavy aluminum bracket to mount on lower ramair inlet on frame; no drilling needed.

ZX6R turn signals with harness to plug into stock wiring, no splicing needed. Aluminum brackets to mount on upper ramair inlet, no drilling needed.

Black aluminum 1 1/8" fatbar handlebar and clamps. Top clamp must be drilled. You can either drill small holes in the bar to mount your switches, or grind off the plastic posts inside your switches. I ground mine, so the bar is undrilled.

Clamp-on adjustable mirrors. These work well, better visibility than the stock mirrors.

Aluminum brackets to mount gauges on bar clamp. Requires removal of steering damper. You could also mount the gauges in front of the top clamp, and keep the damper, but I never fabbed the brackets to do this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4125074587/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4125075179/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4125074009/

·
Registered
308 Posts
do you have a side shot of that it looks like?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dude, these are cool. Are they for a specific year/generation 10. Do you have a number of these kits, or only one?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dude, these are cool. Are they for a specific year/generation 10. Do you have a number of these kits, or only one?
Thanks. It's a one-off kit I put together, so just one. My bike is an 06-07, but I would guess it would work on the 04-05 as well.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the light mounts directly in front of the ram air, thus blocking it?
It does prevent you from using the ramair snout, and therefore you won't make any positive pressure at high speed, but doesn't impede intake flow for normal riding. Without the fairing the ramair snout looks a bit strange.

·
Registered
190 Posts
wow i want those handle bars. how much longer of a brake line do you need for this to work

·
Registered
388 Posts
On my '08 ZX10 street fighter project I went +7" on the brake lines. Spiegler was a 1 call stop with excellent service when Galfer, etc. didn't even want to talk about custom lines. But I have noticed some companies offering +5" lines as an option in their catalogs which would be enough.

wow i want those handle bars. how much longer of a brake line do you need for this to work

·
Registered
190 Posts
thanks for the info do you know how these handle bars are connected to the triple tree

·
Registered
190 Posts
so how do i buy these

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike, sorry I missed your post and PM. I still have the bars, bar clamps, and mirrors, but the headlight and signals have sold.

You'll need to drill the top triple clamp to mount the bars. Not sure exactly how much longer the brake line needs to be, I would set up the install and measure after you decide how you want to route the lines.

$50 shipped for the bars, clamps, and mirrors.

Dean

"Black aluminum 1 1/8" fatbar handlebar and clamps. Top clamp must be drilled. You can either drill small holes in the bar to mount your switches, or grind off the plastic posts inside your switches. I ground mine, so the bar is undrilled.

Clamp-on adjustable mirrors. These work well, better visibility than the stock mirrors."

·
Registered
190 Posts
so how does the bar hook up to the triple tree will i have to weild it or drill holes in the triple $50 sounds like a grate deal could you send me some close ups of the clamps on the triple. thanks [email protected]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You will need to drill holes in the top triple clamp.

I started this thread 8 months ago, and I don't have a closeup picture, but I'll email what I have.

thanks,
Dean

·
Registered
190 Posts
cool so do you want paypall or how do you want me to pay

·
Registered
190 Posts
soesnt matter because i ride naked. but it looks like it might need to be trimed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts