Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my cam done when i get the high comp head gasket installed...what are the stock zx10r cam settings??? What are the best all around settings to move them to????
Any other help is appreciated..
Thanks
Russ

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ivans setup was

107 in
104 ex

crispin is this how your referring to the setup for yours??

104 in
106 ex
or vice versa??

BD

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
you guys make me wanna get my cams and stuff done as well

·
Registered
509 Posts
I had my degreed as well.107 in
104 ex this will make your bike pull all the way to redline and peak power will be stronger but if you don't change your gasket you will loose some bottom end. I have the muzzys gasket and it runs strong. Check your cam settings most of them are different than what the manufacture book says. I think that its the reason why there are so many different horespower ratings. Mine was done close to the manual. Its a different bike now.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
107/104 with .040" of valve retainer lift.

Web cams recommends them to be done with .050 lift but that is for CARS....you must use 1mm or .040 for motorcycles...per Muzzys

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
You have to pull the engine and remove the head top cover and many of the engine cases and have the correct tools. I'm doing a how-to on this so stay tuned...should have it done by the end of March, baring me blowing up my bike!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Hmm, blow bike up...then mysterious house fire....hmmm sounds like a plan...thanks Mavrik

1 - 16 of 16 Posts