Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to configure the electronic suspension in manual mode, in the smoothest way possible for potholes.
The suspensions range from 0-15 in compression and rebound, the factory value is 10/10 front suspension and 6/6 rear shock.

I've tested 6 compression, 8 rebound front suspension and 4 compression and 6 rebound in the rear shock and it still feels harder than the road setup. I am doing something wrong?

Any recommendation to start?

(I have been using the Road option, but under certain conditions in the city I would like it to be softer.)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dude I feel you there. Did you set your sag already, so your pre load is all good? I still haven't bothered to try and set the suspension in manual mode yet, just know race or track or whatever the not street mode is, is way too hard for riding day to day and I tend to like it stiffer with more feedback. How do you even actually go about it? I have no problem changing modes once in the setup part of the dash just didn't see a way to change it once in manual

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apologize the delay, to change the parameters of the suspension in manual, you must select it first ... you access the options by pressing select for several seconds and with the buttons up and down accesss the suspension menu. Again you press Select and you can change Track, Road or M.

Once you select M, press select for few seconds and access your settings ... with the up and down buttons you can see Reset, Com F, Ten F, Com R and Ten R. Default values are Com F 10, Ten F 10, Com R 6 and Ten R 6. (Com compresion, Ten tension or rebound, F forward forks, R rear shock)

To change these values ​​press Select 1 time and you can do it from 0 to 15, to exit that option again press select. And so with each parameter ... when you want to leave, press Select a few seconds.

In short, to access a submenu you must press the Select a few seconds, to change a value simply press and reléase. To exit do the inverse.

(English is not my native language)

·
Registered
350 Posts
FML, I knew it was something as stupid simple as holding select. I just didn't try it, well I did but apparently not for long enough, thank you. does it seem to make any noticable difference?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FML, I knew it was something as stupid simple as holding select. I just didn't try it, well I did but apparently not for long enough, thank you. does it seem to make any noticable difference?
I have not yet tried enough, I have managed to notice difference by lowering all the values ComF 6, TenF 6, ComR 4 and TenR 4... for better comfort on bad roads, but by exceeding 70km/h (or 45mph) it seems to harden automatically.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to add that the "M" configuration is a fine tune of the "Track" option. The smartest option for smooth driving is "Road".

·
Registered
350 Posts
so on the road setting I can't actually adjust it at all? I'm liking the suspension less and less. The bike has felt semi twitchy, it's a pain to get dialed in enough to really ride hard, like it's just too dumbed down. some areas it's nice it just feels so much different I'm never quite sure if it's good to go

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so on the road setting I can't actually adjust it at all? I'm liking the suspension less and less. The bike has felt semi twitchy, it's a pain to get dialed in enough to really ride hard, like it's just too dumbed down. some areas it's nice it just feels so much different I'm never quite sure if it's good to go
Exactly, Road is the softest option ... but remember that at higher speeds or in curves it automatically becomes firmer and predictable.

I think it is a matter of time to predict their behavior. Of course in Track it becomes very firm, even too much for the bad quality routes of my country :) So with more time and mileage, I think I can use M mode to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the real question here is why did you buy an SE for street use!
Get yourself a second bike with all that $$$ you got :wink:
In my country we don't have much trouble driving fast... the police have stopped me at 150+ mph and without consequences :)

I wanted a motorcycle that can drive fast on the road, occasional trackday and also that has comfort in bumpy streets ... in ROAD mode the comfort is incredible, but after 40 mph it begins to harden and it is better that the street be the most perfect possible. It goes like a train on curves, I am very happy with its performance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Get yourself a second bike with all that $$$ you got <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/icon_wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:)</a>
yeah, I kinda blew all my extra funds on this bike. I got the SE cause I was hoping it would be easier on my spine since I still have a fat bolt in there holding me together plus the only sold them in the USA in 2018 so kinda nice to have a limited edition bike. the rest of the world still got a my19 SE just not us. Never see them on the road either. It's nice to always have people want to take pictures with it and shit.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Get yourself a second bike with all that $$$ you got :)
agreed,

In my country we don't have much trouble driving fast... the police have stopped me at 150+ mph and without consequences 🙂

I wanted a motorcycle that can drive fast on the road, occasional trackday and also that has comfort in bumpy streets ... in ROAD mode the comfort is incredible, but after 40 mph it begins to harden and it is better that the street be the most perfect possible. It goes like a train on curves, I am very happy with its performance.
I just noticed riding back from button Willow last weekend or the weekend before, whatever it was(fuck everything has been so busy I am having days blur) anyhow jamming through the pass I was on the throttle and the road was kinda undulating so under full throttle the ass started to hop. never had it do that before, was in track mode still so that could be it. It's still smoother than my 18 KRT was but does get very firm in corners which is kinda cool. Not a big fan of only a single side of the fork being able to adjust the pre load. almost seems a tad out of balance at certain points in the adjustment. That is my biggest gripe. It may have suspension that reads the road faster than any other bike out there but the R1M still is smoother on the road. So is the BMW s1000RR. they don't feel as locked in in corners while still working well on the normal commute but they are overall smoother

·
Registered
4 Posts
Daft question I know, but does the SE have anti wheelie, if so how does it work? I've moved up from an old zx9r and this thing is awesome but I've never been a wheelie man and been caught off guard a few times..... Let the mick taking commence 😂

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Daft question I know, but does the SE have anti wheelie, if so how does it work? I've moved up from an old zx9r and this thing is awesome but I've never been a wheelie man and been caught off guard a few times..... Let the mick taking commence 😂
I answered you in the other topic.

But referring to this topic ... the bike becomes more stable in Track mode (in streets and highways without pot holes). You can also check the SAG of the rear suspension and also the pressure of the rear tire is not too low.

·
Registered
350 Posts
yes it has, it will not let you... unless you turn off the TC
Funny, as a matter of course, the first thing I do before I even get on my bike is hold the toggle up for about a second to disable traction control. You can always turn it back on while riding. it can't turn it back off unless your not only at zero throttle but fully stopped. it's pretty frustrating when I actually want to stand it up and have trac set to even default 1.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Anti wheelie control is right there on the right side between your elbow and hand, I think it's called your wrist, you can always turn it to low power mode, it still outputs a ton of power from what the specs say, never done it myself. What I notice in medium power setting which is my failsafe mode Incase a recent flash decides to act up like one I used to love, mad power but would not catch itself and stall after coming down from running higher rpm. anyhow med seems to have almost full power, just gets it's wings clipped at a certain RPM point, like a soft rev limiter at 10k (don't quote me on the actual rpm point) but that's just what it feels like. so if you twist too much it gets blunted a bit but it's not like there is any noticable difference under normal day to day commute style riding

1 - 17 of 17 Posts