Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firts off great site with tons of info, has helped me out several times and saved me from making stupid mistakes. Looking at doing a ZX10 to ZX14 brake swap on my 08. Searched and feel confident with the front but was wondering about the rear. ZX10 are 220mm disc, ZX14 are 250mm disc would they work at all if so do I need the bigger disc?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Rear will not work whatsoever. There are a few different options for running a underslung Rear caliper but look to spend 500$ plus for them.
I have the PVM setup on my 06, and the Brembo Setup on my 04 (08 arm) Both are pretty much a bling only mod, what little advantage there is performance wise, you are not a fast enough rider to capitalize. The main plus is removing and replaceing the rear wheel, makes it easier

·
Registered
609 Posts
Front brakes are for stopping. The rear should see minimal use, as it does little to begin with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totaly agree about the rear I dont use them that much anyway. I was just thinking about doing them since I was going to do the front to keep the brakes uniform through out. Not really a lack of performance issue as with the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts