Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey not sure if this is allowed here but here goes. In February me and my friend purchased a FSAE open wheel car as a project. We decided to use a 2008 zx10r engine and the power unit. To be able to leverage traction control we are using 2016 throttle bodies for the drive by wire. Whole system is controlled by a haltech elite ecu. I was able to figure out retaining the stock neutral and gear position switch along with stock speed sensor. The engine is also going to be boosted. I have attached a few pics of the build. If anyone is interested I can do a similar setup for a bike so you can have full control over the engine.

Registered
Lookin' good.
Hate to burst your bubble, but that manifold is going to go together way better if you've got your collector built first. That would give the individual primaries an accurate location to run to. FWIW, I'm speaking from experience here... Also, I'd typically just tack everything up first until all the primaries are finished.. then have a little welding party.
Which university built the car originally?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Lookin' good.
Hate to burst your bubble, but that manifold is going to go together way better if you've got your collector built first. That would give the individual primaries an accurate location to run to. FWIW, I'm speaking from experience here... Also, I'd typically just tack everything up first until all the primaries are finished.. then have a little welding party.
Which university built the car originally?
hey man I am not building the manifold. They guy should know what he is doing. So I am letting him do that. I am doing fuel system and wiring. As for the university who built it, i think its Wisconsin. Thats where we bought it from.

thank you

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Why an Elite ECU and not Motec??
Elite can control all the engine鈥檚 systems right down to gear position and neutral switch. Has all the engine protection strategies as well everything comes unlock and it鈥檚 half the price of a motec. Motec is great but there are other options. I will post up a start up video. Anyone interested in going this route I can do the wiring. This is good up to the 2010 model. I have not tested the 11-16.

Registered
More like 1/4 of the price, if not less, once you actually enable all the features in the Motec. The elite 1500 is a really good unit... I got to wire one in on my buddies big single turbo FD RX7.... it does the job. :)

Are you using just the neutral portion of the gear position sensor, or did you wire it up so it will actually give you gear output for each gear? If so, I'd like to see how you wired that. :) I thought I had it licked on my MS3Pro set up, but I missed something and ended up just omitting it. :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
More like 1/4 of the price, if not less, once you actually enable all the features in the Motec. The elite 1500 is a really good unit... I got to wire one in on my buddies big single turbo FD RX7.... it does the job. :)

Are you using just the neutral portion of the gear position sensor, or did you wire it up so it will actually give you gear output for each gear? If so, I'd like to see how you wired that. :) I thought I had it licked on my MS3Pro set up, but I missed something and ended up just omitting it. :(
Hey man I used both parts the neutral and the gear position. I can sure help with that. PM me. I study EFI wiring. Installed a few megasquirts in my day. The reason why the Haltech is half the price is cause I needed more I/O. So we had to get the expansion box. I also have a custom code to do paddle shifting or fully automatic shifting. Once the turbine housing gets here we will then finish the manifold and fire it up馃槏馃槏馃槏. Stay tuned.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Just a few more pics of the manifold being built. Should be done here soon and we can focus on electric shifter and start up.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts