Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Engine light is on, and the power modes keep on flashing, When i try to change power modes it wont let me.

thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea on how i might be able to trouble shoot this, its throwing error code 33

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,230 Posts
any idea on how i might be able to trouble shoot this, its throwing error code 33
That's very helpful information. Service Code 33 is the oxygen sensor fault. You should figure out what's going on with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that helped, looks like the sensor cable was pinched against the bike, and is torn. Looks like i need a new o2 cable

·
The Pace
7,076 Posts
The Engine light is on, and the power modes keep on flashing, When i try to change power modes it wont let me.

thank you
So how was the line pinched? As in WHAT DID YOU DO to cause the 33 error throw. This could be one of those critical learning incidents that may last more than a few nano seconds. Thank God for Sky. next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how was the line pinched? As in WHAT DID YOU DO to cause the 33 error throw. This could be one of those critical learning incidents that may last more than a few nano seconds. Thank God for Sky. next.
The o2 sensor line was pinched from assembly of the bike, I just purchased it brand new few months ago. Bikes at 25km now

After SkyDork mentioned it was related to the o2 sensor, I just followed the o2 sensor cable and saw that it was pinched on the clutch assembly side. The pinch tore the cable.

Here's a picture for reference, error code didn’t disappear yet.

I take it I need to ride it for a bit for it to go away?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,230 Posts
The o2 sensor line was pinched from assembly of the bike, I just purchased it brand new few months ago. Bikes at 25km now

After SkyDork mentioned it was related to the o2 sensor, I just followed the o2 sensor cable and saw that it was pinched on the clutch assembly side. The pinch tore the cable.

Here's a picture for reference, error code didn’t disappear yet.

I take it I need to ride it for a bit for it to go away?
Well, good job finding the problem with the pinched cable. That's no good. So, if you fix the wire then the O2 sensor should read right and the power modes should be switchable. That means it's all working correctly, but the FI light will still be on. That will go away on it's own after you follow the manual clearing procedure. Or just ride it a few times and it should clear after awhile. The key is that the power modes shouldn't flash any longer and you can change them. That means the problem is resolved and the service code is just in memory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts