Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a US (non California) 2006 ZX10R with just a BMC filter. Been running the -001 map, and thought it was OK, been feeling sluggish lately. Anyway, for kicks I uploaded the -501 (stock European) map, and my low end feels like a new bike, also starts easier, and runs cooler. What is going on here? The -501 map is way leaner than -001. Should I leave in and run with it. Will it hurt my engine any? I am getting some slip-ons shortly so this will be a mute question but in the mean time what should I do? Thanks Peace :cool:

·
Registered
724 Posts
compare them...the euro version sounds richer, they also have o2 sensors so that may make a difference in the map.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Remember Lean makes more power. As far as "bad for your motor", it depends on how lean you go. On my '05 my map has some cells running almost -40. I have no detonation and am able to run on pump gas. Compare the two maps and see what the difference is.

compare them...the euro version sounds richer, they also have o2 sensors so that may make a difference in the map.
Why would you say it's running richer?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dynojet recommend oxygen sensor eliminators for the Euro model so I don't think that would have much effect on the map. I'm not sure what fuel you get in the USA, our cheap supermarket fuel is either 95 or 99 octane, which could have an effect.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ours is 96 here, standard pump gas. We don't have the 02 sensor in the states, not sure about California model, and the Euro Map is way leaner, more -negative numbers. Just confused. Look at the A and R map suggested by A and R. It is way leaner, more -negative numbers, also. I thought the baffles kit allowed more air flow thus should be richer on the whole. I gues I am going to have to pay and have it put on a Dyno, can't understand why this is so subjective.. Peace :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts