Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just recently got a 2010 zx10r with 22k from a dealership. The bike came with a two brothers carbon fiber exhaust, but not attached. I love the way the bike sounds now, I am just wondering if and when i should get the valves checked?? Any and all info helps!

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
The valves should be checked now for clearance, as far as burning the valves because you don't have a pipe on it, unless you live somewhere really cold you probably don't have to worry about it. You will 100% get pulled over in most every state in the USA if you run a liter bike without a pipe and you are probably throwing fat flames out the rear every time you shift or give her tons of throttle which draws extra attention on top of the bike sounding like an f1 car lol. Your neighbors are not gonna like you either

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
Hey everyone! I just recently got a 2010 zx10r with 22k from a dealership. The bike came with a two brothers carbon fiber exhaust, but not attached. I love the way the bike sounds now, I am just wondering if and when i should get the valves checked?? Any and all info helps!
In the meantime, use search and look for the manual. They are all hosted on this forum so u will find them. You should download a copy so you know the basic service intervals for your bike

·
Registered
18 zx10r
355 Posts
You should have gotten a gixxer. Your type of crowd if you want to run a straight pipe lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The valves should be checked now for clearance, as far as burning the valves because you don't have a pipe on it, unless you live somewhere really cold you probably don't have to worry about it. You will 100% get pulled over in most every state in the USA if you run a liter bike without a pipe and you are probably throwing fat flames out the rear every time you shift or give her tons of throttle which draws extra attention on top of the bike sounding like an f1 car lol. Your neighbors are not gonna like you either
lol very true ! and most likely neighbors will call in on you !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts