Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be good to start a thread to gauge potential interest in planning a track day where as many members could make it as possible. So far it looks like September would be a good month. There are fairly inexpensive hotels available near the track or you can camp right there for free. We can do a Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Check out the website for details and post up any ideas or what might be best.

Jhttp://jenningsgp.com/

·
Registered
390 Posts
Im always down for a Jennings trackday; Sept. is a few months out. Keep me posted....Would love to join up with a bunch of 10s. Good times. :eek:ccasion1

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome guys! I think we can get a decent turn out if we can get a date set and start getting the details nailed down now. I'm thinking of doing at least two days and will probably do the camping thing for the first time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
...14 hour drive from Dallas, and by that time, gas will be back up to $3.50/gallon...
If you do Barber, I'd go for that. Been a few years since being there, and that is one top-notch facility.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm down for a Jennings meet as well. If september is the month we're looking at thats good, the earlier i know the better so i can plan to use my dad's truck/trailer just in case he's back in town from overseas and also so i can save up some money!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Depending on the dates, I'd be in for sure.

I'll be there in April to test the ZX10 and get it tuned and turned over to DOT for paint and graphics. :)

Then I'll be back there at the end of May (30th and 31st) to work, instructing that weekend.

But then I don't have plans to go back until November... So something in the middle would be nice.

Watch August/September though because they close down for about 6 weeks somewhere in that area of time.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 26th, 27th and 28th look good on their calendar. Any of those would be good. If this woks Im going to try and do at least two of those. Im not driving four hours for one track day when I can do at least two maybe three. If some of you guys farther away want to drive in being able to do three tracks days back to back might make it more worthwhile. I will probably camp there as well just to save some bucks.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm lurking this thread for an date. Pretty much any date should work for me, seems were talking a couple months from now so i definitely should have cash saved by then. I'm only bout an hour and a half away. If I had to I'd ride my bike there lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
or, is that Sept you were thinking there?
Yes sir. Did you check their calendar? Looks like a good solid date but if we are serious I could call them and give them a heads up that we have a group thing going to make sure.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes sir. Did you check their calendar? Looks like a good solid date but if we are serious I could call them and give them a heads up that we have a group thing going to make sure.
I saw it's an open JGP day. Only issue with that is they can really pack their weekends and for those who need/want good instruction aren't really guaranteed it.

You can call Jacky and let her know but she won't care, doesn't make a difference to her. lol

The good thing is you can wait until the last minute to decide while watching the weather as there's no benefit to signing up early.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts