Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New here! I have recently purchased a sand car with a zx10r power plant (this thing really screams). I was wondering if the motor mounts are the same as a zx14r, so one day when I blow up the zx10r motor, I can install a zx14r engine. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I would like to go ahead and start looking for a nice, used zx14r motor so I can get it cleaned up and ready so there is minimal down time between swaps.

I hope that this post is in the right place. Just looking for some advice!:dontknow:

Thanks,
zx10buggy

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pics please. Where you rocking this little zx10r buggy? Glamis?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,290 Posts
The rear mounts might be close, but doubtful the fronts are anywhere near correct. The ZX-14 uses a monocoque frame. The ZX-10s do not. Plus the 14 motor is taller and wider. It won't bolt in, but could probably be used if you reworked the mounting slightly in your car. Serious fun awaits if you can squeeze that thing it there!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for answering my questions!! I don't think it would be too hard to fit one in there. ZX10r parts are a lot easier to acquire than the 14r parts, and are cheaper, so I might just leave the 10r motor in it for that reason! I attached a picture. Hopefully it worked. I live in Topeka, Kansas so I use it at Little Sahara State Park sand dunes in Waynoka, Oklahoma. It is also street legal :icon_cool:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts