Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anybody here can tell me what their highest dyno runs are. I have seen alot of people on this site that pushed 160's to the wheel with the Akra Evo II Full exhaust and PC. What is the best what exhaust pruduces the most HP at the wheel. Why do most ZX10R owners on this forum seem to prefer the Akra Evo II exhaust? I just just bought a 10R and would really like to know what exhaust to go for. I trailered my buddies bike to get it dynoed and it pushed 171 @ the wheel with a Two Brothers Racing slip on, K&N filter and a PC with the Map from PC for that exhaust. Nothing else. I filmed the dyno run and have a picture of the Dyno results sheet. What are the best mods to produce more power?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
you did see the blue one with a turbo and 200+ hp right?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Do a search and you will find your answers.

·
Registered
421 Posts
"THIS JUST IN" - all dynos are different, some are very optomistic, some are not. It is the gain you have to look at. Which is why a baseline is important, and why you should stick to at leas tthe same dyno machine, if not be the runs the same day, humdiity, ect. You could dyno your bike at 160, then put on a bunch of modsm go to a different dyno and dyno less than 160. But you did gain power, the second dyno is just not as optomistic.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Yes, I heard of a Ducati 999S pushing 161hp and there is no way when the factory claims it is only at 151hp...no full system is going to unleash that much hp in today's age where the factory actually gives a decent header.
I've also heard of a few MV agusta F4 Mille pushing 164...no way in hell that will happen..a 13hp gain is a stretch with a 1/2 system and PC only. It was on FBF dyno which sounds like it gives 'flaterring' numbers.
On the real you can get 162hp out of a real dyno with an akro evo II and PC, more with muzzy thin head gasket...also chain, tire pressure, total milage, air filter, play into this equation more.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I disagree BN. The LEAST I've had from an Arata system is 10h.p. I've seen 18h.p on a CBR954 with the Arata and mapping. And I've seen 14 from the ZX10. But on a twin? yeah, you're probably right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
birdman, On the dyno that you posted is that on the same day before and after dyno. Also how much lower could a bike read if the temp rose 10 degrees and the humidity went up 25-30% between runs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a couple questions? I have been looking at getting an Akra full racing would that make more power then an Evo II Full? With a K&N air intake and power commander3 usb. Would this be a good set up?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yep, same day, before and after. The results vary from both the conditions, and also even from bike to bike. I've done R1's (04-05) that have gained 10h.p from stock, and I've done another that's gained 14 over Yosh slip ons. This is also why you need to get YOUR bike mapped to get the best from your exhaust and pc set up. The bikes I'm doing (all the 04 05 stuff) are varying in h.p they put out from stock, and vary with the gains from the exhausts , (the same exhaust on the same bike). But as i said, with the Arata systems, the least I've had, mapped, is 10h.p. The most 19h.p. For the quality of these systems, and the money as well, you really can't go past them in most situations in my opinion.

Speed, I haven't done a comparison between the 2, so I couldn't answer that and be honest with you or myself.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, now I know what the Evo II is (haha, sorry, didnt know they did "Serpent" headers) I'd say the Evo II will make more power, coz I'd suggest that the Micron Serpent systemn would also make more power than the Race system. We used to use Serpent systems 98% of the time, coz they made the most h.p, and I stioll think they are a great system. The only reason I stopped, was coz the Arata made more. Now Akra are doing them, I would THINK thatthe Evo II would make more than the race.

·
Registered
156 Posts
SPEEDZX10R said:
I have a couple questions? I have been looking at getting an Akra full racing would that make more power then an Evo II Full? With a K&N air intake and power commander3 usb. Would this be a good set up?
The Akra full race is actually a step down from the Evo systems. The race is the same as an Evo 1 but with SS headders and mid pipe as compared to those pieces being Ti on the Evo and Evo 2. the only difference between the Evo 1 and the Evo @ is that the Evo 2 Has a shorter can and comes with the muffler bracket. Evo2 should make slightly more HP that Evo 1.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Akra "Race" and "EVO" systems are exactly the same, except the EVO is titanium and the Race is stainless steel. As a result, the Race pipes are less money, but weigh more. Other than that, the systems are identical and produce identical power.

EVO-I is the original design with full-length muffler. EVO-II is the same system, with a shorter muffler that seems to be more in style lately. The dyno curves I've seen compared between EVO-I and EVO-II showed that on the same bike/same day, EVO-I actually makes marginally more power than the EVO-II. But it was so close that I'd say get what you like the looks of.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also read something about the baffles on the EVO-I compared to the EVO-II. The EVO-II is louder like 101 db or something like that.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts