Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In fact, the bike is almost ready, it took almost two years, so maybe there will be a pun in the description.
I decided to do everything with it that I didn't do with the previous Gen 4
First of all, the motorcycle was disassembled to the frame.
the photo shows all the wiring from the motorcycle and its weight on the scales, Her weight is 5.4 kg.
My motorcycle is from Europe and has an immobilizer, so I took the wiring and ecu from the USA zx10rr
This made it possible to remove the ignition lock and antenna, and the ignition is now switched on by the red button on the right
Then I dissolved the wiring, removed all unnecessary and moved the ECU to the front, as in WSBK motorcycles
After these manipulations, the weight of the wiring together with the relay controller is 1.6 kg.
ABS and an electronic damper were removed from the wiring. The diagnostic connector has also been moved forward. only the battery and the starter relay remained in the tail

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course, the valve at the intake, exhaust and other ecology was removed from the motorcycle.

I also use clip-ons lightech, because they are without takeaway, this is important with my height

if you are building a light motorcycle, remove the combat stop, almost kg for free

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is very important for me to have a small brake lever travel, so I use brembo rcs19

I also installed a brake lever adjustment on the left side to be able to move it back when the brakes overheat. I wanted to have this on my gen 4, with brembo m4 and rcs19, but it turned out that with m50 it is not really needed.

after removing abs, replaced brake lines

I use aluminum sprockets and 520 chains on my bikes

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oem the throttle grip is very long, so I put a short-stroke domino grip, but even with it, the kawasaki has too long throttle and we made a larger diameter liner

racing triple clamp does not offer any weight advantage but gets rid of the retainer, looks nice and retains the factory crosshead

also installed ohlins mechanical damper, racing air duct, rear subframe and dashboard mount

also installed ohlins mechanical damper, racing air duct, rear subframe and dashboard mount

lifepo battery weighing 750 grams, later replaced by yp7, weighing 450 grams

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
even on my yamaha r1 I used magaltech forged wheels (made in Russia), these are probably the lightest aluminum wheels you can buy.

for understanding, weight front with bearings and spacers 2.7 kg

rear without bearings and bushings

but on kawasaki the front brake discs are spaced wider, so adapters had to be added

this is how they looked on my gen 4

anodizing in red candy looks cool

we design and manufacture various adapters

Making a new press comb and assembling a Gen 5 wheel with aprilia rsv4 discs

there are also difficulties with the rear wheel, you need to move the sprocket to the left by 4 mm and the brake caliper to the right by 4 mm

simple with a caliper, modified the bracket and made a long sleeve

a new hub had to be made for the sprocket

I also use a light brake disc for the rear wheel

during assembly

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also i managed to successfully buy oz racing piega but from yamaha r1 2015+

it was quite easy to adapt them to kawasaki using oem brake discs

making adapters for past discs, at the same time designed and manufactured adapters for these discs

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the photo with the wheel shows the titanium bolts. in fact, almost all of the bolts have been replaced with titanium ones. engine cover bolts, pallet bolts, fork bolts, rear and front subframe, calipers, brake discs, adapters, sprocket bolts, clip-ons. some were bought, some were made to order

Of course, not everything is in the photo, just a small part

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for those who have changed the rear wheel, this is known to be a problem when it is necessary to do it quickly. the caliper does not fit, the pads fall out

we designed the adapter, used a brembo two-piston caliper and now it takes less than a minute to change a wheel

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the next step was to install AIM mxk10

not a bad thing, but on the go, it's more convenient for me to use my starlane gps-3x. by the blinking lamp you can see that I am walking with acceleration and after each sector shows how much I am going in + or -

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
since I used a us ecu, the motorcycle did not even give out 200 hp, which I showed with my ecu, but after tuning everything was fine

well, for comparison, the s1000rr 2019 schedule, without a catalyst and tuned

but it doesn't bother me at all, my bike is faster than most of the fast guys on bmw at top speed on the track

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the off-season 2019-2020 was coming to an end and the motorcycle had to be assembled without realizing everything we had planned. hung up gb racing engine cover protectors, carbon frame and swingarm protectors, painted baikplast plastic and installed a protective guard on the right clip

this is how the motorcycle met the racing season 2020

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in this configuration, I skated 2020.

compared to my generation 4, improved lap time by 2 seconds and top speed by 6 km / h on the moscow race way

on the 4th generation, I had problems with overheating of the brakes, on the 5th generation, when using the same discs, brake machine, pads and brake fluid, the problem disappeared. apparently this is due to the weight of the motorcycle and the M50 calipers. and this is on HH pads, with z04 pads still better

I also really liked the tires in the new size. 125/70 pirelli, lets you brake insanely hard

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the 2020 season is over and it's time for new improvements))

first of all replaced the clutch with stm.

The stock was fine for me, and later I did not feel any changes in the work, but it is easier, oem weighs 1.7 kg and stm 1.2 kg

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sc release was not bad, but this is a city track, I decided to put a mid pipe and a muffler arrow

it was nice to see the aluminum bracket for the muffler in the kit, everything together turned out to be 1.3 kg lighter

this is a good solution for kawasaki, oem intake pipes are very well made, there is practically no point in changing the entire exhaust to a stock engine, it does not give an increase in power and does not gain much in weight with a huge difference in cost

1 - 20 of 47 Posts