Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one today i am riding my Zx10r and after i stop on the road side and switch off my bike then i start it again then the red light and check engine light appears then i switch off the engine,after i start it again light both check engine and red light goes on its on ..what is the problem?

·
Registered
In Memory of SkyDork 11.28.2021
225 Posts
Hello.

Are you saying while riding, the red light and engine light come on, or they both come on after stopping and shutting the bike off?

Did you try and start the bike in 1st Gear, Side stand still down? Confirm the bike is in neutral.

I know this is crazy to ask but, when was the last time you changed the oil?

Checked the oil?

Checked radiator fluid?

Have you checked the battery terminals to ensure they are snug/tight against the battery?

Year of your Zx10R?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just remember. If the red light is on while the engine is running, stop it immediately.

The light comes on if something is wrong with the oil pressure. Have a quick look at your oil level.

Its normal for the check engine light to be on, if the engine is not running. As soon as the engine is running, it should be out.

E: How long do you have the bike? On my first ride I mixed up the fuel warning light with the red warning light. It scared me for a second before I figured it just needed gas.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
The red light is oil pressure warning unless there is an FI warning icon along with it. If the engine isn't running, there's no oil pressure which is why the light is on. If it comes on by itself while the engine is running, you better shut it off immediately or it will grenade itself. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello.

Are you saying while riding, the red light and engine light come on, or they both come on after stopping and shutting the bike off?

Did you try and start the bike in 1st Gear, Side stand still down? Confirm the bike is in neutral.

I know this is crazy to ask but, when was the last time you changed the oil?

Checked the oil?

Checked radiator fluid?

Have you checked the battery terminals to ensure they are snug/tight against the battery?

Year of your Zx10R?
When i shut the bike off and the after i start it again red light apears immediately switch off the bike after 2 minutes i start it again there is no warning light ...
The red light is oil pressure warning unless there is an FI warning icon along with it. If the engine isn't running, there's no oil pressure which is why the light is on. If it comes on by itself while the engine is running, you better shut it off immediately or it will grenade itself. ;)
Then what is the problem there is no f1 and now the red light is off

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Then what is the problem there is no f1 and now the red light is off
It is not an F1 light. Ugh! It is an FI light.

If the lights are off, there is no problem

·
The Pace
7,243 Posts
If bike is REALLY new, odd stuff happens. All supers I owned the key would stay in the gas cap when open. Get this '13 and go to fill it about the third time, close the cap, no key! total brain fade right there. Took a few seconds for me to sort that reality; once I came to my senses, I looked at the concrete. The key!

Never happened again since. Idiot lights are simply a precaution and not always right. Look at the temp gauge to verify/confirm any light alert.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is not an F1 light. Ugh! It is an FI light.

If the lights are off, there is no problem
I recently changed oil along with oil filter of my zx10r 2016 3.4 quartz. And after the oil change oil light has turned on. What could be the reason?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I recently changed oil along with oil filter of my zx10r 2016 3.4 quartz. And after the oil change oil light has turned on. What could be the reason?
oil light on means your either low on oil or no oil pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts