Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
LMAO...I paid less then that for my brand new 09.....sad but true people, mods don't increase the value of our bikes by much at all......unless of course the mods all have HD on them, then the value goes up...right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
So the 05 is worth more than the 04 (besides for the fact that it is one year newer). Why? Is it because of the generator?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mod's don't increase the value of bikes or Cars. You never get your money back for what you put in, unless its for Racing (drag) or show type mods. I'm selling my 08 (green) with 1,300 miles on it. Bone stock for 8,500.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Mod's don't increase the value of bikes or Cars. You never get your money back for what you put in, unless its for Racing (drag) or show type mods. I'm selling my 08 (green) with 1,300 miles on it. Bone stock for 8,500.
:+1: I hate when people think that because they put mods on that it will increase the value of a bike. That is an outrageous price for that bike and im sure he is either trying to make a profit or is really upside down on it.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
seems high to me and i own a 1st gen BUT one thing i never really understood 110% was WHY a modded bike wouldn't be worth a fair or at least a little more than a stock bike? i can see if it has aftermarket fairings or paint work as this may be done to hide an accident but you v=can buy a whole new oem fairing set of that were the case.....i mean what is the first thing we do when we get a bike? start the mods "wish list" and start spending cash and hours of out life wasted hunting on the internet thru forums,CL,ebay etc......so why wouldn't this guys bike be worth slightly more than it would bring thru the blue book value? i'm NOT saying with even all the mods on this bike it rings anywhere close to the 9K he's asking, that's borderline retarded!! i paid just over a third of that price for my 04' with 6K on it bone stock. i just never fully understood the whole thing of bringing a bike back to stock to sell it for a fair price and then sell the aftermarket goodies seperately?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Mods do or can increase the value of a bike, just not by a lot. Seriously who here would not pay say $500 more for a bike, if they were equal miles, condition, but one had a pipe you liked, full tune, damper, etc etc.

Its the people who think they will get equal value dollar for dollar of thier mods that are crazy. But to say they dont increase value i think is incorrect.

The 05 also has an improved gear box as well. I dont recall off the top of my head what exactly they changed, but its supposed to be smoother shifting.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dealers and insurance companies will give you more money for the mods on your bike. They won't give you exactly what you paid for it, but they still pay extra for your mods. When you're selling private party you can probably get more money by taking them off and selling them individually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts