Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've just returned home from Jennings GP. This was my first time on my Zx10r. I'll spare you guys the long story and just say that I'm very happy with this bike! Its very power, handles really well. I'll even goes as far to say it turns just as good as my R6 did. I feel like with more seat time I'll be able to turn faster lap times. I was able to turn consistent mid 1:19's. However on the R6 my fastest lap time was a 1:18.73

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrat's Ricky.
Would you mind sharing the details of what track/race upgrades you did to the bike?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,052 Posts
I was able to turn consistent mid 1:19's. However on the R6 my fastest lap time was a 1:18.73
:notworthy: Fugg me, that's quick around there! Only a couple seconds off the lap record! Let me know the next time you'll be going to Jennings so I know to stay away! Don't need to embarrass myself with you out there. :badteeth:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congrat's Ricky.
Would you mind sharing the details of what track/race upgrades you did to the bike?
Thanks man, and sure!

30mil
Kyle racing linkage
TTXGP
Guhl Flash w/Custom Map
520 conversion -1 +2
1/4 turn throttle
Bazzaz w/QS & TC
Austin Racing exhaust
BMC race filter and block off plates

I'm sure there are few things I'm leaving out. I still cant believe how well this bike handles! I love the power but I was already expecting the bike to be very powerful so that wasnt a big surprise to me. In my experience you either get one or the other or if your lucky a little bit of both. Now, I feel like I have a bike that has the best of both worlds. The bikes only flaw is me, hopefully in time that will change.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I still cant believe how well this bike handles! I love the power but I was already expecting the bike to be very powerful so that wasnt a big surprise to me. In my experience you either get one or the other or if your lucky a little bit of both.
That was exactly my feeling, the bike has terrific handling as well as stability. Neutral, doesn't turn quite as quick as the GSX-R 750 but very close. Very easy bike to ride and very fast, even stock.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
:notworthy: Fugg me, that's quick around there! Only a couple seconds off the lap record! Let me know the next time you'll be going to Jennings so I know to stay away! Don't need to embarrass myself with you out there. :badteeth:
:crackup: thanks brotha! I was lucky enough to ride with Dane Westby on Sunday. He was there testing the new R1, He was turning consistent 1:17's. He's really fast! I honestly felt like the 10r was quicker then the R1, I just ran out of talent to prove my theory:crackup: I'll have video footage uploaded soon of Westby and I coming out of T2, flying down the back straight! I thought my pace was decent but man, that kid can fly!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Makes me feel better about buying my 10R instead of paying more for the new R1 :ayyy:
Dont get me wrong, I think the R1 is a nice bike but the 10R is just a really nice bike with lots of potential for less money. It's so easy to go fast on the 10r. The bike feels like a 600 on steroids.

·
Registered
966 Posts
:crackup: thanks brotha! I was lucky enough to ride with Dane Westby on Sunday. He was there testing the new R1, He was turning consistent 1:17's. He's really fast! I honestly felt like the 10r was quicker then the R1, I just ran out of talent to prove my theory:crackup: I'll have video footage uploaded soon of Westby and I coming out of T2, flying down the back straight! I thought my pace was decent but man, that kid can fly!!
Keep us posted on the video!

I saw this, the r1 guys are in an uproar with how the bike took off, I said it looked super fast to me but I'm guessing the rider had a tad to do with it as well....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACNSPWeoHuk&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I saw this, the r1 guys are in an uproar with how the bike took off, I said it looked super fast to me but I'm guessing the rider had a tad to do with it as well....

lol yea, I saw that as well. I know both of the guys that were on the front row next to Westby. The guy starting in 2nd is a good friend of mine that only does track days here and there and has never raced before. The guy starting in 3rd is a expert club racer that has a few podiums under his belt. That video was not a fair comparison lol. Let the Yamaha boys have there moment, its all good.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice man!!! I am going up to JGP next weekend, it will be my first time on the track with the ZX10R also!

But I won't have ANYTHING done to her before I get there. I'll have fairings on, MAYBE brake lines and rear sets. That's it... Stock exhaust, suspension and even clip ons! lol

My best there is on my 1000RR at a 1:20.804. I'm not expecting to come anywhere close to that though... :( Guessing the stock suspension isn't going to get me far... lol But I'll be working all weekend, so whatever...

Hopefully I have some things done to her before the next Homestead race at the end of the month....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Here's a pic of Westby and I heading out for a few laps before we both got black flagged because both of our bikes were over 104. blah blah blah DB's:angryfire:

I love Jennings Gp but they were a little annoying with the exhaust situation!

My buddy should be sending me the video footage within a few days.

·
Registered
966 Posts
lol yea, I saw that as well. I know both of the guys that were on the front row next to Westby. The guy starting in 2nd is a good friend of mine that only does track days here and there and has never raced before. The guy starting in 3rd is a expert club racer that has a few podiums under his belt. That video was not a fair comparison lol. Let the Yamaha boys have there moment, its all good.
Lol yeah I don't give them too hard of a time, it's been awhile since the pitchfork crew had a bike...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice man!!! I am going up to JGP next weekend, it will be my first time on the track with the ZX10R also!

But I won't have ANYTHING done to her before I get there. I'll have fairings on, MAYBE brake lines and rear sets. That's it... Stock exhaust, suspension and even clip ons! lol

My best there is on my 1000RR at a 1:20.804. I'm not expecting to come anywhere close to that though... :( Guessing the stock suspension isn't going to get me far... lol But I'll be working all weekend, so whatever...

Hopefully I have some things done to her before the next Homestead race at the end of the month....
Thanks man, Even without the mods I'm sure you'll have fun. 1:20 is a very respectable time for sure! Enjoy the bike and take your time! The 10r is very powerful machine that can get away from you very easily.

After you ride the bike, I'd like to know what you think:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
966 Posts
Here's a pic of Westby and I heading out for a few laps before we both got black flagged because both of our bikes were over 104. blah blah blah DB's:angryfire:

I love Jennings Gp but they were a little annoying with the exhaust situation!

My buddy should be sending me the video footage within a few days.
I can imagine that would be annoying, that seems kinda quiet, you need that beast to breathe! Thanks for the footage as its freezing here and there's 3 feet of snow on the ground so I need to watch something to get my fix.. lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks man, and sure!

30mil
Kyle racing linkage
TTX36
Guhl Flash w/Custom Map
520 conversion -1 +2
1/4 turn throttle
Bazzaz w/QS & TC
Austin Racing exhaust
BMC race filter and block off plates

I'm sure there are few things I'm leaving out. I still cant believe how well this bike handles! I love the power but I was already expecting the bike to be very powerful so that wasnt a big surprise to me. In my experience you either get one or the other or if your lucky a little bit of both. Now, I feel like I have a bike that has the best of both worlds. The bikes only flaw is me, hopefully in time that will change.:eek:ccasion1
Thanks for all that information, it's almost fully inline with the build route I'm taking as well.

What 30mil kit did you put in? I'm looking at the AK-20, non-gas.

Not meaning to open a can of worms, but do you really think the aftermarket linkage kit was worth the money? I'm really getting difference of opinion around, that most folks say it will provide at-most a 10% better handling option, and don't know if it's a justify to the cost. Would really appreciate your thoughts and experience.

Am not racing any longer, but like you, I'm still a current white-plate in CMRA, so I'd very-much appreciate your input, as I'm really just trying to build a great-fun track bike (and thankfully have the funds). Thanks again!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh, sorry, one more question.
What'd you do about your damper?
Fully stock, or did you buy that 'Race-Smart SCU' ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts