Registered
85 Posts
Since 2011 every zx10r has come with:

Power modes
Traction control (s-ktrc)
Engine braking control (kebc)
Optional ABS

So..... yea.

There's only minor electronic differences, like the gen 5 has an optional launch control (read option, doesn't have to be turned on)

No meaningful difference between gen 4 and gen 5 electronics, definitely not any less in control of the bike on a gen 5. Dont know where the hell that comes from.

Reactions: TheRoadWarrior

·
Registered
85 Posts
I should note the 2011 to 2015 zx10r had:

3 traction control modes ( gen 5 has 5, so two extra) both have the ability to turn traction control completely off.

2 Power modes full and low (gen 5 has full, medium and low) again, no control difference when left in full power like most people do.

The 2016+ zx10r differences that the gen 4 DOESN'T have:

The gen 5 zx10r has IMU technology, which as far as I can tell is for ABS models which my bike is not. So on a non ABS gen 5 (like mine) with traction control off, i don't believe the IMU does absolutely anything.

Launch control that when left off does nothing.

Just so we're on the same page here as far as electronics goes, both generations have rider aiding ability. Non abs models of both gen4 and gen 5 are equally controllable by the rider.

·
Registered
710 Posts
On paper, I think Gen 5 is the better bike. I would buy a Gen 5 over a Gen 4.

In real-world applications by Novice, Intermediate, street riders I do not see any evidence it is superior in performance. I have yet to see anyone switch from Gen 4 to Gen 5 and rave about how much better it is or instantly drop lap times, better quarter mile times, or better street manners. In many cases I see people doubt if the upgrade was even worth it.

I do read subjective comments about the performance that are not possibly defined by any measuring tool such as feels lighter, easier to go fast, looks better, and whatever else is thrown out there. I do not dispute any of these statements, but all of these statements are really opinions and unique to the individual.

I have very similar electronics on my GSXR1000R. I really don't think they are better for me at my skill level and riding style. In my opinion, what makes my GSXR superior to my Gen 4 and a Gen 5 is the mid-range power delivery.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It all comes down to what you want. And yes I have extensively weighed many parts from many of the top performing bikes as I post the results on instagram weekly. Exhaust is almost identical, regardless of feel the non abs Gen 4 stock for stock is 12lbs less. Both are great bikes, I've seen 8s out of bolt on Gen 4s pretty consistently, gen 5s I have not

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Fastest Japanese supersport? You'd be looking at the Yamaha R6 there bub

Fastest is a stupid question to ask. Fastest where? Into turn 1? I'll beat you into Turn 1 on any bike, I won't make T2, but I'll be fastest into T1. Around a track? Which track? In a straight line as mentioned? Quarter mile or til top speed? Braking distance? You asked a stupid question and created a stupid thread.

Wanna talk tuning? Don't talk to Guhl, Brocks or Schnitz. That's the same joke as yall are making about the drag "tuner".

Got damn clickbait troll bs thread got me sucked in too

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Fastest is a stupid question to ask. Fastest where? Into turn 1? I'll beat you into Turn 1 on any bike, I won't make T2, but I'll be fastest into T1. Around a track? Which track? In a straight line as mentioned? Quarter mile or til top speed? Braking distance? You asked a stupid question and created a stupid thread.

Wanna talk tuning? Don't talk to Guhl, Brocks or Schnitz. That's the same joke as yall are making about the drag "tuner".

Sure, there's no difference between some Bloo idiot going on about drag racing on a forum and Ryan's experience.

Here have a

youll feel better mang.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

Which is faster, a grom or a H2r?

Alas, what a nebulous question. Truly I was a fool to to pose questions regarding straight-line engine performance, as to even define what criteria could be used to measure such phenomenon confounds the great philosophers of our time. My apologies sir.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts