Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my FREE SHAREWARE on "How to build your own servo eliminator"
For a Gen 1, 2, 3, ZX10R ONLY...
I figured it was time to update my old thread to make it a little easier for peeps to understand
"How To Build It Themselves".

Read the entire 1st post, it contains all information needed to do this.

1st. I bought my Electronic parts at Radio Shack (Free Plug for them)
All pictured in the 1st Pic. Part #'s are on them.
**Note** In the 3rd pic the capacitor says 16volt,
but you can use the 35VDC instead. Radioshack is out of the 16volt.

2nd. You will need, A Soldering Iron, Solder, Electrical Tape, Epoxy.

3rd. Tools Needed : Needle nose pliers, Wire Strippers.

4th. Remove your Exhaust Servo Motor from your bike,
Cut the wires off of it as close to the motor as possible.

5th. Cut the GREY wire off the back of the one connector leaving the RED on.
On the 3 wire connector, leave ONLY the Black & Yellow wire on it.

6th. Assemble the Capacitor and Resistors as pictured in Pic # 4.

Make sure the arrows on the capacitor are pointing
at the black wire.
The resistors direction do not matter.
DO NOT DEVIATE from diagram.
I assume NO responsibility for any damage

7th. Solder the resistors to the capacitor to keep them secure.
Solder the circuit to the wires. Follow the diagram.

8th. Set the completed circuit in the Epoxy tray and pour Epoxy.
When Epoxy is set, remove and trim any sharp edges.

9th. Wrap Epoxied circuit with Electrical Tape.

10th. Install on your bike and you are done.

Now, If you cannot do this yourself.
I can and will build one for you, just PM or email me at
[email protected]
This has been verified to work all Gen 1's, 2's, & 3's.
Does not work on Gen 4 ZX10R's or ZX6R's.. Sorry
I do however, build ones for the Gen 4 ZX10R and ZX6R & Z1000, Z750

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Great write up.
FYI, Amazon sells a 10pk of resistors for $0.98
just curious though, what does shipping cost on that?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh SNAP, I just realized your in Japan bro.

You need me to hook you up with some??

If your gonna do it yourself, I can send you the parts.

Or I can build a complete one for ya, let me know.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Oh SNAP, I just realized your in Japan bro.

You need me to hook you up with some??

If your gonna do it yourself, I can send you the parts.

Or I can build a complete one for ya, let me know.
Hellsrazor I may end up pming you for parts. Nobody will ship resistors here...even though they're probably made here anyway.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hellsrazor I may end up pming you for parts. Nobody will ship resistors here...even though they're probably made here anyway.
Not a problem bro, let me know.

Also, I now have complete units to where you don't have to send me your harness and wait on a turn around time.

They are extra shipping to Japan.
Unless you are in the military and have an APO address,
and then it's like shipping inside the states.
If you aren't in the military, find a bud who is and ask him if you can ship to his APO address and save some $$$

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

I'm sorry, maybe its late or something, but I find that funny as hell :spit:

Hellrazor great write up, clear, and concise. Will be doing this project this week.

Thank you. :eek:ccasion1

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hellrazor great write up, clear, and concise. Will be doing this project this week.

Cool, post back up when you are done.
Glad it helped you bro.
I smile everytime someone doesn't have to pay $120 for an Ivans,
Or even $60 for the other one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
What does this actually do? Pretend I don't have a clue, only because it's the truth. What does the servo do? I have a 3rd gen with a slip on.

My experience with modern bikes is with an 03 z1000 so I'm not familiar with servos. Thanks for not flaming my non-knowledge.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
the exhaust servo is a valve on an actuator that is controlled by the ECU. Its function is to supposed create addition backpressure at lower RPMs by slightly closing to restrict exhaust flow, opening in the midrange RPMs to allow full exhaust flow for the most power, and then close in the upper RPMs to reduce noise for the EPA and those other folks who dont like loud motorcycles. On a Gen 1, the servo is located in the header.

To disable the servo you can do a few things. 1, remove the exhaust valve entirely by installing a full exhaust system. 2, unhooking the cables that run to the valve so the servo cannot move it. 3 (an additional step to 2), unclip the servo motor and remove that and the cables that run to the exhaust valve.

This mod is designed to create the circuit that is completed by the servo motor so that the ECU does not tell the gauge cluster to flash an FI Error, as removing the servo motor will. Hells made it very cheap instead of having to buy one for 4 times what you would spend on this. It is however, slightly more expensive than the black electrical tape mod. The nice part is that this mod will let you get an FI light when something is actually wrong with the bike and not just for the servo so youd never know.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:spit::crackup: The Black electrical tape mod :lol::lol: Good one.
Thank you for explaining that for me bro. :thumbsup:

As of yet for the Gen 4 :headshake You will have to have that done when you flash the ECU.
Trust me, If I can figure it out for the Gen 4, I will post it up.

So far I have one for the ZX10R's Gen 1-3, Z1000's & ZX6R's.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Dude! you rock! cant thank you enough for this thread! Did my FI light eliminator as per your instructions! works like a charm! especially the satisfaction of making my own component for the bike!
Rep sent!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude! you rock! cant thank you enough for this thread! Did my FI light eliminator as per your instructions! works like a charm! especially the satisfaction of making my own component for the bike!
Rep sent!
Glad it helped you out bro. :eek:ccasion1
Which bike did you do it to?
I was looking at your list of bikes.
Was it the Z1000 or a ZX10R? And what year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the write up hellsrazor. I do believe I can find pretty much everything around here (Canada). I smell a little project coming up :)

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the write up hellsrazor. I do believe I can find pretty much everything around here (Canada). I smell a little project coming up :)
Glad I could help you bro. :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
691 Posts

It's funny cause it true! Lol

And great write up

the exhaust servo is a valve on an actuator that is controlled by the ECU. Its function is to supposed create addition backpressure at lower RPMs by slightly closing to restrict exhaust flow, opening in the midrange RPMs to allow full exhaust flow for the most power, and then close in the upper RPMs to reduce noise for the EPA and those other folks who dont like loud motorcycles. On a Gen 1, the servo is located in the header.

To disable the servo you can do a few things. 1, remove the exhaust valve entirely by installing a full exhaust system. 2, unhooking the cables that run to the valve so the servo cannot move it. 3 (an additional step to 2), unclip the servo motor and remove that and the cables that run to the exhaust valve.

This mod is designed to create the circuit that is completed by the servo motor so that the ECU does not tell the gauge cluster to flash an FI Error, as removing the servo motor will. Hells made it very cheap instead of having to buy one for 4 times what you would spend on this. It is however, slightly more expensive than the black electrical tape mod. The nice part is that this mod will let you get an FI light when something is actually wrong with the bike and not just for the servo so youd never know.
Nice explanation.

Mailed out another 2 of em today.
Gonna be checking the box like it's Christmas. The motor servo finally threw the FI code last night. That shit is bright as hell...and annoying.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Glad it helped you out bro. :eek:ccasion1
Which bike did you do it to?
I was looking at your list of bikes.
Was it the Z1000 or a ZX10R? And what year.
Nope abondonded the z1000 project , did it for the zx10r (frst gen) works like a charm!!
i have seen write ups before, but hardly any of them provide good links to source the items, your thread really helped a lot especially for some one like me who has very limited electrical knowledge!
thanks!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts