Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
What that a big ass crack in the swingarm or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

if you are talking about the drive side at the front, it was just a reflection on the welds.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Good luck making that thing last, for christ sakes, the first gen frame cracks if you look at it wrong in street form.

And that bodywork looks like total ass! he would have jsut modified real dirt bike plastics to fit.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think something like these would have looked and performed better.

1:28 He gets a little air

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That vid of the zx10r was his first ride ever. The body work is made to combine the engine mounts and he also has an extra mount at the front of the engine. The alloy underneath is to protect the headers. There is a complete build thread online somewhere. The guy that built it is a suspension expert here in Aus and has an amazing fzr400 with a fireblade engine shoehorned in and top of the range ohlins gas forks and rear shock.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
That vid of the zx10r was his first ride ever. The body work is made to combine the engine mounts and he also has an extra mount at the front of the engine. The alloy underneath is to protect the headers. There is a complete build thread online somewhere. The guy that built it is a suspension expert here in Aus and has an amazing fzr400 with a fireblade engine shoehorned in and top of the range ohlins gas forks and rear shock.
Obviously NOT a composites expert, cause that looks like soemthing ShervinRRR would come up with (OK, I admit, better than ShervinRRR)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Sorry, Haul ass in the dirt and ZX-10 engine weight, can not be in the same sentence.

A video shot in a paved industrial driveway, shows the bike runs, that's all.

Nice plaything, but that's all it is.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I'd ride it...if a R1 can do it...so can a 10R.

I would be scared of cracking the frame though heh

·
Registered
103 Posts
will be good on the Firetrails that are in Canberra where he is from, not so good on a motocross track.

cant wait to see it all upholstered and stuff.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
9r to 10r indeed he isn't a composites expert...but when you consider the seat doubles as the fuel tank and has if i remember correct an alloy fuel cap bonded into it it's not a bad effort at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone find any mopeds with a zx10 motor. I have two scooters sitting in my garage and I'm itching to make one stupid fast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts