Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal-i just installed the new clutch same oem fibers and steels from kawasaki-had good clutch tension w/ old slipping clutch. put new clutch in just like the old one came out-exactly. w/9 steels and 9 fibers, including the chatter plate-exact replacement from kawi. now I have to clutch lever-
clutch is fully adjusted and i barely have any lever. took the bike apart 4 times and everything checks ok-called kawi and talked to a tech and they said it sounds right and i have replaced a million clutchs on bikes-
after i put it together the 4th time I had a perfect clutch w/ the perfect adjustment-I worked the lever a couple of times and heard a pop in the
clutch cover and it was back to no clutch lever and a full adjustment to get anything-filled the bike w/ oil and cranked bike a clutch is real noisy when lever is pulled
please advise it something needs to be lined up that i don't see in the service manal or what your opinion is... no one else seems to know what the problem is-trying to avoid bringing it to kawi
thanks

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
perhaps this section will help and :welcome:

BD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts