Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
I forgot all about putting up pic's of My Ohlins shock set up just for me and my riding style! Oh and the Switch to change between maps one for race gas and the other for pump gas. Plus you can switch between 10 levels of tc. Well plus or -5 from where ever you have it set. Plus the light to show when it's working( so you can tune it)
Beautiful piece of workmanship those Ohlins are. If I was a rich guy I'd hang them up on my wall. Lol.

Really enjoying your build. You have done great work on that Gen1. Once I get done with grad school and land a good job you better believe I will be dumping a senseless amount of cash into a refit for my Gen1.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Beautiful piece of workmanship those Ohlins are. If I was a rich guy I'd hang them up on my wall. Lol.

Really enjoying your build. You have done great work on that Gen1. Once I get done with grad school and land a good job you better believe I will be dumping a senseless amount of cash into a refit for my Gen1.
Yes, those Ohlins are Nice! I was stroking it like a cat or dog, the women of the house look at me and just started busting up! :crackup: Can't remember what she said but it was funny! Something like, "is that your one ring/precious...."

Thanks brother, I've been wanting to build a race bike for a bit. I've built a few customs but no full blow race bike! Just wait till I get the Race fairing painted and put on, it's gonna be sweet! I also I'm grabbing a pair of Marchesini Wheels Racing M10RR Kompe Wheels I'm gonna take off my CBR1000rr>:)

P.S. I love your Pic, Great looking bike, suit and A great shot of you getting it with the knee dragging!

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Yes, those Ohlins are Nice! I was stroking it like a cat or dog, the women of the house look at me and just started busting up! :crackup: Can't remember what she said but it was funny! Something like, "is that your one ring/precious...."

Thanks brother, I've been wanting to build a race bike for a bit. I've built a few customs but no full blow race bike! Just wait till I get the Race fairing painted and put on, it's gonna be sweet! I also I'm grabbing a pair of Marchesini Wheels Racing M10RR Kompe Wheels I'm gonna take off my CBR1000rr>:)

P.S. I love your Pic, Great looking bike, suit and A great shot of you getting it with the knee dragging!
Yep.... that thing is a "precious" that is certain. lol That pic of me is at Thunderhill back in the day. I think 2007 when the bike and I are in our prime. lol

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Does that actually keep the Gen1 running cooler? Mine gets so flipping hot in traffic my thighs cook.
Very common :badteeth:

Hey Tweezy if you can show pics with the over flow Bottle I have a spare Mint Gen 2 Radiator but there is no mounting holes for the overflow so looking for ideas....I do have it for sale on this site and ebay though but if I find a simple solution may just keep it. :dontknow: :idea:

bloo

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Does that actually keep the Gen1 running cooler? Mine gets so flipping hot in traffic my thighs cook.
So far, yes. Alot! Mine been really cool, before it ran pretty hot all the time but. My gen1 radiator was a little beat up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Very common :badteeth:

Hey Tweezy if you can show pics with the over flow Bottle I have a spare Mint Gen 2 Radiator but there is no mounting holes for the overflow so looking for ideas....I do have it for sale on this site and ebay though but if I find a simple solution may just keep it. :dontknow: :idea:

bloo
I can do that:laugh2: I had to get creative with that one... lol
All grab some pic's with the fairings on, I would've done that now but my phone just dead... :2bitchslap:

Also, you'll need to mount the gen1 fan a little funny, fab the mounting bracket or get a gen2 fan.
One of The gen1 fan's mounting brackets are too short, you can still mount it using just two points and some bailing wire, zip tires or get a little peace of metal welded on the end of the short mounting point, so it reaches.
Or you can get the mounting hardwear from the gen2 fan but the gen2 fan is bigger, so I've order one of those too.

I'm not sure yet if the gen2 fan plugs into a gen1 harnessed or if all need to steal the plug from the gen one fan.

It's also a very tight fit to get the radiator under the gen1 fairings, its easy to get the Race thou

All put up more pic's and what not soon. I'm getting ready to paint my Sharkskinz, when I take off my Oem fairings all throw the new fan on and take some pic's

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I can do that:laugh2: I had to get creative with that one... lol
All grab some pic's with the fairings on, I would've done that now but my phone just dead... :2bitchslap:

Also, you'll need to mount the gen1 fan a little funny, fab the mounting bracket or get a gen2 fan.
One of The gen1 fan's mounting brackets are too short, you can still mount it using just two points and some bailing wire, zip tires or get a little peace of metal welded on the end of the short mounting point, so it reaches.
Or you can get the mounting hardwear from the gen2 fan but the gen2 fan is bigger, so I've order one of those too.

I'm not sure yet if the gen2 fan plugs into a gen1 harnessed or if all need to steal the plug from the gen one fan.

It's also a very tight fit to get the radiator under the gen1 fairings, its easy to get the Race thou

All put up more pic's and what not soon. I'm getting ready to paint my Sharkskinz, when I take off my Oem fairings all throw the new fan on and take some pic's
Appreciate that, also Gen 2 Fan no problem either I have one of those as well :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Great job Tweezy with the rebuild and quality components.
Thanks brother, I have some more stuff on the way too! :wink2:
I need to get some more pic's up ASAP!
P.S
Like how I lost the pin in my Brembo M/C.... Happened in a turn, going like 100! I was so freaked I found a nice bolt with a smooth middle so it still works, till the new pin get here anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Appreciate that, also Gen 2 Fan no problem either I have one of those as well :cool: :thumbsup:
Nice, I need a gen2 fan. ASAP!
I tried to get some pic's with the fairings on but you can't see anything... :frown2: But I used a few zips, some heat resistant tape, a little safety wire. I was gonna make some mounts but it was so solid. After the fairings where on, there's no way it'll move. So, I just went with it! :)

It was a fast job because I was going to a trackday and picked it up.

P.S. I didn't need the tape but I tossed a little on the bottom hose and Res, just to be safe! ;-)

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I tried to get some pic's with the fairings on but you can't see anything... :frown2: But I used a few zips, some heat resistant tape, a little safety wire. I was gonna make some mounts but it was so solid. After the fairings where on, there's no way it'll move. So, I just went with it! :)

P.S. I didn't need the tape but I tossed a little on the bottom hose and Res, just to be safe! ;-)
Actually the Pics are Fine it at least shows the General placement needed to put the OEM fairings back on the Mounting part not to worried about i will figure something out. :wink: thanks bud!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts

yea thats a tight fit for sure, hope it doesn't harm the lower plastics.:wink:

41 - 60 of 92 Posts