Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BORED AT WORK SO THOUGHT I POST A VIDEO LINK TO WATCH A ZX10R KILL A GSXR1000, EVEN THOUGH THE ZX10 IS LOWERED AND STRETCHED!!! HECK THIS COULD EASY BE A MEMEBER ON HERE RACING LOL

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I worked at a local bike shop for sometime, but lost my job a couple weeks ago, now I'm a Night Auditor at a hotel/resort, I really make more money now, but hate not being around bikes and working on them 24/7 you know. So all I do is paper work and sit on the net all night, kinda boring but I get to see my wife and friends more since I started here!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
BORED AT WORK SO THOUGHT I POST A VIDEO LINK TO WATCH A ZX10R KILL A GSXR1000, EVEN THOUGH THE ZX10 IS LOWERED AND STRETCHED!!! HECK THIS COULD EASY BE A MEMEBER ON HERE RACING LOL

YouTube - zx10r vs gsxr 1000 dragrace
Not me :lol: on the flip side I beat this ZX14 stretched and highly modified that did 8s over the weekend(edit the weekend of the Event last year) to my 10.00s dial in on the last day...made it to the Semi-Finals after I took that guy down.:wink: Check out the last race in the video that's the guy I had to race(4:32 mark) :badteeth::thumbsup:

PS...the second bike in this Vid at burn out is our own QuikGix member(Anthony :22s mark) at the same event on his mean green 1st Gen 10R :thumbsup:)

bloo

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice, yeah I have seen a couple 1000's beat 14s and busa's. It not to hard to do.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
nice, yeah I have seen a couple 1000's beat 14s and busa's. It not to hard to do.
it all depends whos racing. seat time is 90% of the battle.

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats for sure, I just told a member in another thread I and a friend have both 3rd gen 10's. He has a 08 blue and I have a 09 black, and I always beat him just because hes not that good at launching

I'll run a mid to high 9 and he will always run mid 10s

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I was talking Stock on a Pure buy from your dealership with a strap down setup.....I think because most don't know with a good rider the Top end of a 1st gen in it's power band with some gearing they shouldn't get complacent and most learn the hard way this is NOTHING THAT YOU SHOULD TRY TO MESS AROUND WITH :headshake...JUST DO YOUR DIAL IN AND HOPE FOR THE BEST :wink:

Sorry abrep07 but moving this to the Strip section where it belongs. :mrgreen:

bloo

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
naw its cool, it should of been there in the first place after a couple posts.

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey thats my vid !! lol.. that was last year at atco nationals, i have a few more posted on you tube

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with the seat time being 90% of it. I can run 9's pretty consistently on my 14. but always loose to my buddies gixxer k7. However when we swap bikes its no contest my 14 destroys his gixxer k7. the difference is he races every week end I race a couple times a year. I do wish I could make my bike run like he can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts