Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a track day rider for probably 3 or 4 years now, on various bikes. This is the first time I've had the ZX10R at the track though.

I gotta say, that bike makes me a hero. Way easier to ride than I expected a liter bike to be. I've always ridden "underpowered" bikes at the track (nothing underpowered about an '01 gsxr600, but it won't out drag anything in a straight), so being able to pull 10 bike lengths on everyone on the front stretch made passing very easy. Really, I don't think I ran into anything that could outdrag me. This thing is crazy fast in a straight line!

i'm sure I pissed some people off who maybe were a little faster in the corners than I, but then couldn't get around me on the straights, but hopefully I was fast enough to keep them entertained behind me.

Pictures are from www.dustindraperphotography.com, hopefully he doesnt' mind me using them if I pimp his site (he posted the pics on another forum)

My wife went too, and had a great time. She's hooked now and can't wait to go back.

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
looks like fun,

·
Registered
916 Posts
yep the 10 is loads of fun on the track....
I took mine to a track day just to check it out in April in Michigan (Grattan), just to look what it was about and we got to do some spectator laps during lunch time, it was great.....too bad no photographer was ready to take pics, I didn't see them until it was over, wish I could have gotten some pics on the track....The only one I got was from before we started, had I only seen this guy with the camera sooner....

But the 10 is a bit over powered for Grattan, I couldn't go past 3.gear....
well....I hit 4. on the straight for the hell of it, just to go right back down for turn 1 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Awesome, bro! Umm... what track? :cool:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey chubbs, I was out there with you. Your wifes bike is what gave it away. I was on the blue 08 zx10r. Were you running intermediate? Cause when I started out front I never had any one pass me. Joel on this sight and Iceman68 would smoke me though lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heartland Park

Yea I was one of the guys shooting video that day, I got alot of footage of you and your wife, glad shes into it! makes it so much easier when its time to buy new parts for the bike..lol You should be getting your video in the mail soon, hope to see you out there soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts