Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a set of woodcraft rearsets for my 10r.
Revzilla has mentioned "a fitment issue" with the rear brake line for the ABS model.
The line needs to be custom ordered "a few inches longer".

I have talked to Spiegler... this is what they said..

"We can make a rear line for you. You would however need to tell us the extra length you need and if the fitting(s) need to be changed.
We do not keep specs on lines that use non-OEM equipment. Once you get that info you can call us at the number below to place an order for a custom line."

Has anyone here dealt with this yet?

***I'm a bit of a wrench-tard, :surprise: so.. help me out here...
should I just mount the rearsets, position them where I want them and then simply measure the line? To avoid error I was hoping
someone has already done it, and could kindly pass along the length. :x

do I want to leave a bit of buffer in it? 1/2" extra? being a steel braided line you don't want to put extra pressure on it right?

Thanks inadvance! :x

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I would do too, but I'm totally inexperienced compared to a lot of the members around here.
I have been slowly learning.. the first thing my buddy taught me was to be patient and take your time.

This bike is a nightmare just to get to the Airfilter!
HOLYSHIT it requires ripping half of the fucking bike apart!
Drain gas, unplug a million freaking items!

I was happily surprised when the bike started after I put shit back together! FFS! :grin2:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have been slowly learning.. the first thing my buddy taught me was to be patient and take your time.

This bike is a nightmare just to get to the Airfilter!
HOLYSHIT it requires ripping half of the fucking bike apart!
Drain gas, unplug a million freaking items!

I was happily surprised when the bike started after I put shit back together! FFS! :grin2:

I've never drained the fuel from the tank when doing anything under there. Either I prop it up or just remove the tank with the fuel in it. Only whats in the lines will come out, the tank won't drain on it's own.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I started the install on these rearsets... I did a bit of digging around.
I spoke with Spiegler and they said they would make a longer brake line, but told me to measure it and let them know.

I also contacted Woodcraft and asked them about it, basically if they could tell me the length.
This is the message woodcraft sent me:

"We would recommend running a brake line that is about 2 inches longer. Galfer would be the best bet to source them. Note that to install the longer brake line you would have to remove the rear swing-arm."

I'm not taking off a swing-arm for this. Disappointed, I ended up putting the woodcraft rearsets back on a truck to Revzilla.

·
Registered
680 Posts
What is the reason for removing the swing arm for the brake line install? That seems wrong to me, but I'm just a lowly Gen2 guy here.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the reason for removing the swing arm for the brake line install? That seems wrong to me, but I'm just a lowly Gen2 guy here.

lol that's how I felt when my Gen 3 Z1000 was getting old.

No idea why it's that much work. I'm sure they are going to fly off the shelf.

·
Registered
13 Posts

lol that's how I felt when my Gen 3 Z1000 was getting old.

No idea why it's that much work. I'm sure they are going to fly off the shelf.
Old thread but figured I would respond with what I've found in my searching.

I believe it's due to the location of the ABS junction box. In order to access it to install steel braided brake lines, you need to do a lot. It's one of the things holding me back from installing braided lines and better rearsets on my ABS Gen 4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts