Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i from poland and sorry for my english ;)
yesterday when i was starting my bike i found check engine light on my dash. bike have only 1000 km total.
can somebote tell my how to try erase this ? how to check with code faiulure i have ?
i found some erase instruction like this but i dont have computers to diagnostic
I can somebody tell me what is thah mean -> 2. Keep the idling speed more than 30 seconds.
can i do this procedure on elevator my bike in my garage ? or must riding ?
Thanks

If the Kawasaki Diagnostic System (KDS Ver.3) is not available, do the following procedures. •Turn on the ignition switch and start the engine.

Fulfill the all conditions shown below.
1. Run the engine more than 10 minutes.
2. Keep the idling speed more than 30 seconds.
3. Run the vehicle more than 5 minutes at a speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) or more.

•4. Turn the ignition switch off. •Repeat the above procedures 3 times.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi i from poland and sorry for my english ;)
yesterday when i was starting my bike i found check engine light on my dash. bike have only 1000 km total.
can somebote tell my how to try erase this ? how to check with code faiulure i have ?
i found some erase instruction like this but i dont have computers to diagnostic
I can somebody tell me what is thah mean -> 2. Keep the idling speed more than 30 seconds.
can i do this procedure on elevator my bike in my garage ? or must riding ?
Thanks

If the Kawasaki Diagnostic System (KDS Ver.3) is not available, do the following procedures. •Turn on the ignition switch and start the engine.

Fulfill the all conditions shown below.
1. Run the engine more than 10 minutes.
2. Keep the idling speed more than 30 seconds.
3. Run the vehicle more than 5 minutes at a speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) or more.

•4. Turn the ignition switch off. •Repeat the above procedures 3 times.
Dobry wieczor. Download the manual for your bike here Service Manuals Permanently Rehosted....Again
At page 624 is starts explaining how to get the codes. At 627 is says how to erase the codes but I definitely would not do that if I don't know what's wrong and that wouldn't solve anything: you can delete from the ECU the error code but you should still have a check engine light if your bike actually has a problem.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
Before trying to clear the error you must be sure its not an actual error. See the number of the error and make sure nothing is wrong. Did you do anything to the bike recently?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
code number is 31. before light this check engine a was fault start my bike ( just to quick start clutch ) and engine was stop then i start again and "check engine "has switch on. and now bike have still check light. Bike working and drivin fine , have power and anything. what a next step ? dont have a computer to erase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At page 624 is starts explaining how to get the codes. At 627 is says how to erase the codes but I definitely would not do that if I don't know what's wrong and that wouldn't solve anything: you can delete from the ECU the error code but you should still have a check engine light if your bike actually has a problem.
mowisz po polsku ?

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
Ok then follow the clear code procedure you posted. I already did that once and it worked for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok then follow the clear code procedure you posted. I already did that once and it worked for me.
OK i do this but can you confirm my understod ?
I must do this 3 times
Start engine and work 30 sec on neutrals gear then start riding 10 minutes includes 5 minutes with more then 40 km/h yes ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all . codes gone ;) . When i trying procedure riding fault gone and now everything is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts