Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry for my poor english i am from brazil.

Just got a zx10r 2012 abs 14.000 km and went for a ride and for my bad luck at around 200 k/h 10 to 11k rpm the bike starts to chock , Bogg or w/e you might call it , i ve taken to kawasaki dealership the ran some test on the dyno and it doesnt happen on the dino , they checked the fuel pump pressure in various conditions and the pressure seems fine, changed air filter , checked kick stand , I havent checked the spark plugs cause i doubt it would be that cause it would bog in low rpm and speed also.

anyone have any clues what could be wrong , why on the street the bike chockes and on the dyno it goes smoothly ??

I am getting really frustrated

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for my poor english i am from brazil.

Just got a zx10r 2012 abs 14.000 km and went for a ride and for my bad luck at around 200 k/h 10 to 11k rpm the bike starts to chock , Bogg or w/e you might call it , i ve taken to kawasaki dealership the ran some test on the dyno and it doesnt happen on the dino , they checked the fuel pump pressure in various conditions and the pressure seems fine, changed air filter , checked kick stand , I havent checked the spark plugs cause i doubt it would be that cause it would bog in low rpm and speed also.

anyone have any clues what could be wrong , why on the street the bike chockes and on the dyno it goes smoothly ??

I am getting really frustrated
Have you tried testing this with the traction control set to off?

·
Registered
98 Posts
has it happened again since you got it tested at the dealer?
any mods to the bike?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes toothless89 happened today , its been twice to 2 diferente dealers and both times they said it runs smooth on the dino.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
duhastme it feels like chocking , gasping for fuel

the kick is hard to a point a move forward a bit which is really dangerous at 200 km/h

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's what my Gen2 use to do when I'd go across bridges due to the expansion joints. Would scare the shit outta me. Turned out to be the side stand switch. Might want to try bypassing it just for shits and giggles. Makes sense to me, since there aren't any bumps on the dyno.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what my Gen2 use to do when I'd go across bridges due to the expansion joints. Would scare the shit outta me. Turned out to be the side stand switch. Might want to try bypassing it just for shits and giggles. Makes sense to me, since there aren't any bumps on the dyno.
I didnt open the side stand switch and it all looks good, no water no mud, did yours look ok and still not work ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
The first time the problem presented itself did you just have something done to it? ANy mods around the time the issue started happening?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I didnt open the side stand switch and it all looks good, no water no mud, did yours look ok and still not work ?
I didn't open mine up or anything, but when I would hose mine down with WD-40 it wouldn't act up for a while, then after a ride in the rain or just some time, it would start trying to buck me again. Anyway, I said to hell with it and disconnected it. Problem was gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't open mine up or anything, but when I would hose mine down with WD-40 it wouldn't act up for a while, then after a ride in the rain or just some time, it would start trying to buck me again. Anyway, I said to hell with it and disconnected it. Problem was gone.
PROBLEM FIXED , evilaugust as you said it was the kick stand , could not believe it as i said i opened it and it looked all good so i disconected and for my surprise problem fixed KKKKKKK

thanks for the help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts