Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Performance

Measurements of the Akrapovic EVOLUTION system on the KAWASAKI ZX-10R (without muffler insert):

Power & Torque: The power increase with the Akrapovic system is substantial, and can be seen from 4000 rpm right to the top of the range. At 13300 rpm we measured 183.7 HP, with a max. power increase of 8.9 HP at 9130 rpm. The system’s effect on the torque and power curve is huge and strongest at midrange rpm. The main increase starts at around 5000 rpm and continues right into the over-rev range.

Performance
measured on SuperFlow Cycle Dyn
Stock Akrapovic Max. increased power
Max. rear wheel power (HP / rpm)

179.3 / 13150
183.7 / 13300

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't believe the results that are posted on the Akrapovic site. I have a 3rd gen. with a full system that made 165. The site says their bike made 176.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Nice find but not enough for me to switch to a gen 4. 9 hp isnt large enough.
Dude the only bike that will make sense for you is a ducati desmosedici rr.

Your GEN III is pretty damb serious.

Have you run it against a bmw

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree, I was being a bit sarcastic. I'm not worried about other numbers compared to mine. My point is that Akrapovic claims an increase of 14.9 hp with exhaust alone and I call :bs: My results were not even close.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

Performance

Measurements of the Akrapovic EVOLUTION system on the KAWASAKI ZX-10R (without muffler insert):

Power & Torque: The power increase with the Akrapovic system is substantial, and can be seen from 4000 rpm right to the top of the range. At 13300 rpm we measured 183.7 HP, with a max. power increase of 8.9 HP at 9130 rpm. The system’s effect on the torque and power curve is huge and strongest at midrange rpm. The main increase starts at around 5000 rpm and continues right into the over-rev range.

Performance

179.3 / 13150
183.7 / 13300
nice

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
nice chart. was wondering on the torque though. that seems like alot of torque especially that high in the revs?? cant be ft/lbs of torque

Performance

Performance

179.3 / 13150
183.7 / 13300

1 - 15 of 15 Posts